• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

nj2va

Jeb, NAM gives you around .63" qpf from 8PM-2AM! no kidding!

Yep, I'm getting NAM'MED. 3 inches on the grass now, about three quarters of an inch on the roads/sidewalks. Some portions of the sidewalks are putting up resistance. 

I just cant believe this storm. I can't believe this winter. I can't believe my season totals either. There's no effin way this is Dale City.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I just posted on facebook- 

Hey. As if you couldn't already tell, I am going bust low on snow for DC. I didn't expect us to accumulate so well so early. Given that most of DC is approaching or has exceeded 2", and we are 28-29 degrees, I think we should wake up to 4-6"+. Short range modeling is now suggesting snow tapers by 7-8am. We may get some snow to redevelop during the day, but looks like the main event is happening now. The big wildcard is roads. I think side streets in particular will get snow covered, but even with temps below freezing and overcast skies, strong March sun should do do some damage during the day tomorrow to whatever sticks to streets and sidewalks.

1.5 in Dundalk? Really uvv? Guess I am just in bad luck five miles away. It's pretty, but the rates are not near enough to accumulate on sidewalks or streets right now.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, the grass is probably nearing 2" in some spots but thats because its the grass. Was taking the ruler around a little while ago. 

Archived