Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What is your favorite month and why?

Bob Chill

What's your favorite month and why?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite month and why?

Believe it or not, October is my favorite month and not a snowy month. It's a special month on many personal levels.

The leaves, Canadian cold fronts, NFL/NCCA is rockin', fishing season is still going strong, first frost, approaching holidays, days are still long enough to do stuff outside late in the day, and of course winter speculation starts going strong. 

55-65 is my favorite high temp range but low 70's are pretty good too. Love sleeping with the windows open. Especially on a breezy night. 

The smell of fall brings back fond memories. Thinking about snowstorms after a long break. Crabs are big and fat and not nearly as expensive as August. Seasonal beers are on tap and on the shelves. Colorful trees with a crisp deep blue fall sky is total eyecandy. 

Least favorite month? August. It sucks. 

ETA:

For strictly weather...Feb is a pretty great month when it performs. Jan is a close second for being coldest climo. 

Tough. Only month I hate is November where it feels like nothing is going on and the cold that comes in fall feels so brutal. 40s and 50s in fall are freezing, 40s and 50s in spring and winter are tropical.

Went with feb, just because when it produces it trumps every month. Close second is may which can produce the best storms.

I really like September. Still feels like summer but with lower dewpoints and usually no more 95 plus days. Also brings back good memories of being in college in southern maryland and night swimming near the tidal Potomac (almost the Bay really). Only month I hate is February because after January I usually already want spring to come. Except, of course, if February brings some good snowstorms.

February....October is 2nd...Not a surprising pick..October usually wins these polls, as it has the nicest weather of the year in DC, plus NFL and changing colors

I love the changing colors and first freeze is always nice to look forward to... October is the month I start craving for snow and it only gets worse till something happens (hopefully) in December.

Tough to say.  I love spring because the world starts to wake up again, and I love summer with all of the outdoor activities (swimming, fishing, golf, picnics, etc.) and vacation time, as well as it being the growing season with the warm, long days.  I really like September since it's a big harvest time and it reminds me of the excitement of getting back to school and the beginning of the soccer season.  Those early fall months are really, really nice around here, but the short days of winter are only right around the corner, which is a bit of a bummer.

I might have to go with May.  We can still get the really nice days in the 60s and 70s, but the warmth really starts to kick in and growth is in full swing.  Plus, thunderstorms are starting to show up more "regularly."  I'd rather pick the 30-day period of mid-April through mid-May, but I'll take all of May over all of April by a hair.

October and January are probably tied. Love October for all the obvious reasons, plus growing up in the Shenandoah Valley I loved the last part of the harvest season. The smell of apples, seeing pumpkins and corn mazes. Cool mornings, pleasant days with low humidity. The smells of a fireplace or woodstove at night. Damn, I feel like writing a poem.. :)

Love January because the winter is just getting ramped up. The possibilities of a huge snowstorm are there. I remember as a kid watching the mountains to our south. You could literally see the storm heading towards us. Then after the snow, the wind would whip out

of the North, and by the next morning when you walked outside, everything in your nose instantly froze. Good times.

Archived