• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Server Performance...feedback needed

stormtracker

So, the last 48 hours has seen 100% jump in traffic (we obv know why)...and I've seen some people have some issues with the site.   Can you tell me what errors you got and when did you receive them?  How long did it take to get back on the board after you got an error?   We really want to fix this so we're trying to pinpoint what and when.

We had about 2000 users on at once during peak times and we think we know what's going on, but your answers will help a lot.  Thanks.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a couple SQL errors pop up on Monday, but I'd just hit refresh and the board came back. Yesterday, I only noticed slowness. Posts took a while to "save" and then post. Pages a while to load when in a thread. But I expected that given the amount of traffic to the site.

I had a couple SQL errors pop up on Monday, but I'd just hit refresh and the board came back. Yesterday, I only noticed slowness. Posts took a while to "save" and then post. Pages a while to load when in a thread. But I expected that given the amount of traffic to the site.

About the same for me. Nothing too serious. Smooth running most of the time.

About the same here as well.  

Same here. Occasional but no big deal. I imagine a real coastal will cause some problems when all regions are involved. May not have to worry about that for 3+ years. 

All in all I'm impressed how well the Intel 4004 processor did. 

:lol:

Ok, we're pretty sure the hiccups are a combo of our model center processing the images and the load increase that causes the temporary errors. 

An occasional SQL error which normally corrected itself right away with refresh.  Probably happened a good half dozen times.

This plus i sometimes had to refresh 3 or 4 times to get the board back working. I also noticed it was during model run times. I had the most trouble Monday night when the Goofus was coming out and we had 2,000 users on the board. Also had issues yesterday afternoon for like a 1 hour period. Thank you Randy for putting so much work into the board and always trying to fix the issues quickly.

Pretty much same here

Same as everyone else - SQL errors a few times, but nothing terribly slow, and hitting refresh usually got me right back in.

Anmazing load this server can take.  I was a mod on a soccer board that couldn't handle 1/10th of the load you described during the busiest of times.  The thing would pretty much explode, and even running in "lite mode" didn't often work.

Archived