joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is just puking snow right now. Just measured 4" on the nose, not sure if that is possible since i added 0.8" in 45 minutes.

Yeah, that sounds okay.  It's been pouring for the past hour.  I don't think that I have 4" yet, but it's hard to tell because so much is blowing off the roof and trees.  Probably around 3" here.

It is just puking snow right now. Just measured 4" on the nose, not sure if that is possible since i added 0.8" in 45 minutes.

Edit: guess it is correct since Mr. Chill added about the same amount.

I made a post a little earlier that I have been getting just over an inch an hour averaged since 7am.  But my temps have been colder than the lower elevetions.

2:10pm:   25 heavy Snow  about 2-1/4 inches so far.
1:15pm:   25 Heavy Snow. about 1.5 inches so far.
12:32pm:  26 Mod snow. Flakes bigger. Picking up in intensity. Roads and sidewalks still clear.
11:54am:  28 Light snow. Pixie dust. Streets and sidewalks still wet. About 3/4 inch so far on hard surfaces.
11:21am:  29 Mod snow. All big flakes. Peak wind: 14 mph.
11:04am:  29 Mod snow with giant flakes mixing in. (beginning of deathband) Peak wind 11mph.
10:37am:  29 Light Snow  No stickage to roads or sidewalks still.
10:00am:  31 Mod Snow
9:30am:    32 Furries
9:00am:    33 No precip

Death band is creeping on me

I will send it your way so that you, me and Bob Chill can all be in on the action. It's awesome here right now. Mailman just got stuck on our street because he stopped at the bottom to sort mail. 

It looks like this Baltimore to Fairfax deathband wants to park for a while. Seems to be the primary band right now. 

Archived