Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intensity definitely building. Some of the heaviest of the day right now. Check out how this outer band is exploding over Frederick County, Clarke and Loudoun Counties. We are heading for our best 3 hour period I believe.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=LWX&loop=yes

Hope so? It is picking up here in Clarke County, winds are up and some drifting now, temperature is steadily falling. 

Heading back out to pick up my wife at the hospital in a few minutes, roads mostly empty earlier.

I am working from home today. At Timberline. :). Conditions are phenomenal. 6+ inches new so far, pouring snow. Had a break around noon, totally stopped snowing and sun even came out briefly, I assume back end of clipper before redevelopment? Then about an hour later, bam, highest rates yet. Could barely see ground from the lift. I was here Sunday, it was good but amazing today. About 15 inches last five days. Temp dropping like a stone out here too... I am guessing the drive home at 5pm may be problematic.

I forget how much north of me are you. It is snowing like crazy down here and has been for sometime. May be that I am not in the city so it seems like it is more intense.

I only a few miles North of you as the bird flies, but it also maybe that my apartment faces SE, which is sheltering some of the visual with the current wind direction.  The returns have been better from Ballanger on south, though.

very light snow, just over an inch. I need to find a new point and click thermometer sensor. Stuck at 27 degrees.

I dont know how the main roads are, but my road in the subdivision is still half covered. Same with the sidewalks. I wish the temp would fall a few more degrees to get the roads to stick better.

Driving out this am, left about 7, nary a flake until I reached Strasburg, then moderate to heavy snow the whole way to Davis. Once the main batch hits it is good stuff. Roads including highways were totally covered with several inches of snow the entire way after Strasburg. No other cars, nobody else crazy enough maybe. Took 3:15 instead of usual 2:15

Intensity definitely building. Some of the heaviest of the day right now. Check out how this outer band is exploding over Frederick County, Clarke and Loudoun Counties. We are heading for our best 3 hour period I believe.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=LWX&loop=yes

Good 'ol composite radar.. can make a flock of mallards look like an incoming derecho 

Archived