• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Early January 2014 cold snaps - featuring the polar vortex of doom

Ian

I've actually ticked up a smidge to -3.1 with a DP of -13.1. Wind is WNW at 11/18 for a WC of -20.

Low was -3.9 (-4) which breaks the 1988 record of -1 for date. Beat yesterdays record of 0 from 1988

just before midnight last night with a -1.

Up at airport they currently -15/-18  with wind W at 26/33 for a wind chill of -45!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surrounding stations all around 0.5 and jyo comes in at 3

Seems consistent with what I have seen in 9 years here jyo runs 2-3 degrees warmer than everything else...it's like my car thermometer....just for the heck of it I made my kids go out and stand at the bus stop for 10 minutes

Parent of the year award. You have it wrapped up Don LOL

Hit 0* for the low here. Awesomeness

Currently .5* wind chill -10*

Off to work I go see yas

5 degrees,  0.1 colder than friday night/sat morning.   DCA was its coldest in the 2000s so the cold certainly was respectable.  Now to see how warm we get today.

Would be cool to stay in single digits here for a high...is that doable? I haven't really checked

Nearest PWS got down to 3.4F.  Other stations around Columbia got down to 1-2F.  Near-instant nose hair freezing achievement unlocked.

What happened to IAD?!

yeah wtf.. when does it drop 7 degrees after 7a for no reason

I thought the 9 degree IAD reading was odd when I measured 3.6 this morning...I'm a few miles from the airport.

Yeah it didnt seem to fit in well.

Also, it's not that bad out there.

So iAd just dropped 6f and now is 3f wtf

The temperature equipment at the Dulles International Airport automated surface observing system suffered a malfunction this morning. Technicians are troubleshooting the issue at this time. We will interrogate additional data sources to determine the final official high and low temperatures for the day.

Archived