• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early January 2014 cold snaps - featuring the polar vortex of doom

Ian

god bless space heaters, the bedrooms were all nice and toasty. I usually let the kiddo run around after her morning bottle, not this morning. Kept her in the bedroom with me while getting ready. That was fun.

Yeah, when I bought my old house, I was lucky that the furnace had been recently replaced but I still had to do a lot of insulating.  Good times ahead for you and the hubby!  But it's fun getting that stuff done together.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when I bought my old house, I was lucky that the furnace had been recently replaced but I still had to do a lot of insulating.  Good times ahead for you and the hubby!  But it's fun getting that stuff done together.

we have an HVAC guy coming out this morning -- when we bought the house, part of our deal with the owners was to buy a year warranty for all the major appliances, HVAC system. Soooo, if for some chance the thing is dead and needs to be replaced, it SHOULD be covered and we will only have to pay the deductible. We shall see.

Dropped to 2.6 earlier, but now on the rise. 6th day in a row with a single-digit low.

01/03: 5

01/04: 1

01/05: 9

01/06: 3

01/07: -1

01/08: 3

Hit single digit lows in Clarksburg 5 out of the last 6 days. Who would have thought that such a streak with 0.51" of precip from two separate storms during the period would produce 0.00" of snow?

01/03     9.8F  (8:15am)

01/04     6.8F  (4am)
01/06     3.8F (11:59pm)
01/07     -2.1F  (7:30am)
01/08     4.7F   (4:45am)

a toasty 7 for the overnight low. I won't be sorry to see this airmass go.

it's a nice community of people, and there are some really wonderful plans to redo the streetscapes in the CT/Ranson area over the next few years which should attract more businesses.

That's good to hear. What I liked was that the cold was obviously detrimental to a lot of customers passing through, but no one complained. A few even seemed to be enjoying the unusually cold weather.

Archived