Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Early January 2014 cold snaps - featuring the polar vortex of doom

Ian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am stuck stuck stuck stuck stuck at 5 degrees. Damn!

so damned close, only 6 degrees away

MOS crushed my sorry 8ss after all, my hopes for a low of -1 are crushed after all, and I will never live long enough to see another winter like this one.

EDIT: NOW it hits 4 degrees lmao

Ouch! Back up to 5 degrees.

MOS wins. I lose. Forever.

I am going back and forth between 4 and 5, back and forth, back and forth. What a debacle. At the rate I have near nil chances of hitting -1 for a low. I am using up valuable time just trying to get below 4, only to lose ground and hit 5.

What a clusterf@ck of an arctic front. Development and climate change have messed up our winters. Something needs to be done last century.

Damn. This was my last chance, and it's gone, lost forever.

My low will be 4 and MOS was correct after all.

I took a jebwalk.

It is pretty cold. You have got to dress in layers.

That is some of the cleanest air that I have enjoyed in years. It's straight from the Arctic. That wind is still gusting to 25 mph. We've got windchills pretty close to -20 at times. The ground is frozen good. There will be ice on ponds tomorrow.

All in all - This is spectacularly excellent jebwalk weather. Everyone should enjoy a leisurely jebwalk in this legit arctic blast.

This is the best time of the year. Don't miss it. Get outside and take a deep, deep breath of fresh vodka cold air straight thru the nose, real real deep. Feel those nose hairs freeze up. Revel in the sensation. York Peppermint Patties have got nothing on this. Breathe in that fresh clean Arctic air! I even ventured to take off my tshirt. It's 5 am, no one is up. It felt great. I love that wind so much! I'd teach John Muir a thing or two about enjoying the Arctic wilderness. I'd set Bear Grylls straight too. I love freezing cold weather with wind gusts! Only thing missin' was the snow.

Get out and enjoy this excellent weather! Don't miss it. It's not often that DCA is in the single digits! It's 3 degrees here in Dale City and I'm in Heaven! I wanted -1 for a low but this is still beautiful Arctic weather!

:violin:  :hug:  :snowing:  :thumbsup:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I'm actually quite impressed with the rate of temp decrease. It's been pretty steady.

At 10.2 right now, and am losing at least a degree per minute. My gut tells me we can't get much lower than 3, but if the cold is overperforming not far to our west, I may be able to sneak below zero.

Edit: Make that 10.0.

3.6 as of 5:25 am. We have a little time to drop still, but my my gut is pretty good.

Archived