e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Early January 2014 cold snaps - featuring the polar vortex of doom

Ian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of which, temps have been kind of shooting up there.... I'm just hoping they max at no higher than 18.

.EQUIPMENT...

-- Changed Discussion --

THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR AT KIAD - DULLES HAD A MALFUNCTION LAST NIGHT. THE ISSUE IS BEING WORKED ON AND IS EXPECTED TO BE REMEDIED. THE TEMPERATURES THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS INTO THE MORNING ARE BEING INVESTIGATED AND ARE EXPECTED TO BE DETERMINED BY THE EARLY AFTERNOON TODAY.

BTW, DCA hit 6....one degree shy of the record. That sucks! :(

.EQUIPMENT...

-- Changed Discussion --

THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR AT KIAD - DULLES HAD A MALFUNCTION LAST NIGHT. THE ISSUE IS BEING WORKED ON AND IS EXPECTED TO BE REMEDIED. THE TEMPERATURES THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS INTO THE MORNING ARE BEING INVESTIGATED AND ARE EXPECTED TO BE DETERMINED BY THE EARLY AFTERNOON TODAY.

BTW, DCA hit 6....one degree shy of the record. That sucks! :(

Yay for 6! That gives us an extra degree of wiggle for the high--- 19F or lower now will give the coldest day in 20 years.

Speaking of which, temps have been kind of shooting up there.... I'm just hoping they max at no higher than 18.

Hmm, didn't notice. Dupont bank therm was vacillating between 7 and 8 around 1015 which seemed impressive. It's usually on target before the sun hits it.  

I wouldn't bet we rise a ton more.  15 or less prob in trouble but not too worried yet.  

Where did the 6 come from for the low? Don't see it anywhere.  

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=LWX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

TUESDAY MORNING LOW TEMPERATURES ARE AS FOLLOWS...

DC...6 AT 7:37AM

BALTIMORE...3 AT 7:55AM (RECORD)

DULLES...UNDETERMINED (SEE EQUIPMENT SECTION BELOW)

KHSP had wind chills below -40 from midnight to 8:30 am this morning minus the 12:15 and 3:15 am reports when it 'warmed' to a -39 degree wind chill. That be chilly! They are up to -6 from a -15 low, wondering if they break zero today.

I am up to 5.7/-10.7 with a WNW wind of 8 gusting still to 19. Wind chill of -7. My morning low was -3.9 at 6:07 am.

Archived