joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just passed 2 inches here. This last band that came through at least made this respectable.

Looks like less down by the mall where I just was.

Splitting hairs though.

This is payback for being like 10 miles from the epic dry slot in March and racking up two feet

Yup. I can see mall lights on a nightly basis as they are 1/2m thru the trees from me. Maybe 1.25" here.

LOL, what a waste of resources. Plow just went by for what looks like 1/4" on the road.

This storm has just been so awesome up here. Just as soon as the area flirts with a sucker hole, the radar fills in and it picks back up in intensity. Still doing it even with the back edge moving in. I'll go out to measure once it's all done. I bet we end up around 7-8" here.  Really nice light fluffy snow too.

Yup. I can see mall lights on a nightly basis as they are 1/2m thru the trees from me. Maybe 1.25" here.

LOL, what a waste of resources. Plow just went by for what looks like 1/4" on the road.

Lol right. They are plowing here, but really just creating sparks. Tough not to though, can't really just put down salt, won't work. Kind of caught in between.

But hey, it's still snowing here, so not all is totally lost

I look forward to seeing how are totals differ through the winter. We are a solid 8-10 miles apart. Will be interesting for sure

SE MA will bust way too low. I certainly didn't see that either.

I feared and think I mentioned from me to Bob back to Kevin.  Figured Will Ray you, fella were probably in good shape.  Like I said I thought the models pinned it pretty well.  What I think failed a bit was that the first bands did NOT develop as modeled over SE MA.  They tried, failed, then popped up around Duxbury and worked north.  They skipped right over us :(

I think down here we were always going to get sucker holed I just expected that first thump would be most of the snow and it was weak aside of a few fast moving bands.

Late tonight may make up for it...we'll have to see.  If we can get temps back down once winds come off the water it may snow pretty good.  

They seemed to do well up N...but at least half the region that was 4-6 will be well shyBesides RI and SE mass who didn't get that?

Well that's almost half the forecast area. And seems S and E CT was pretty meager too. And most of CT in C and N areas seems to be around 4".

It's a low end event IMO for all but 2 or 3 counties in MA. And all those other counties either won't verify or will come in at bottom of the range.

I don't see that as nailing it.

What I do see this as is typical passive aggressive trolling by you - but that's just your MO on here...and like I've said before, you take the fun out of this.

Well that's almost half the forecast area. And seems S and E CT was pretty meager too. And most of CT in C and N areas seems to be around 4". It's a low end event IMO for all but 2 or 3 counties in MA. And all those other counties either won't verify or will come in at bottom of the range. I don't see that as nailing it. What I do see this as is typical passive aggressive trolling by you - but that's just your MO on here...and like I've said before, you take the fun out of this.

i actually think box did pretty damn well...given the system...def did better in ORH county than most thought suffolk county as well

Well that's almost half the forecast area. And seems S and E CT was pretty meager too. And most of CT in C and N areas seems to be around 4". It's a low end event IMO for all but 2 or 3 counties in MA. And all those other counties either won't verify or will come in at bottom of the range.I don't see that as nailing it. What I do see this as is typical passive aggressive trolling by you - but that's just your MO on here...and like I've said before, you take the fun out of this.

Phil I honestly do not know what you mean? I'm not trolling anyone and again I will say I'm sorry if you are easily upset or think I am. 7 different people say Box did a great job yet you get upset with me for saying it? Other than I'm sorry if you feel this way there's not much left to say.

My snow is over, 4.4 total , hoping to keep some thru the weekend

i actually think box did pretty damn well...given the system...def did better in ORH county than most thought suffolk county as well

They did well in BOS metro-west out to ORH and up through Merrimack...but Phil is correct that a large area was missed. But in fairness I don't think anyone saw that coming.

I think for the majority of the population BOX hit it. You can argue geography but it will be remembered as a decent call. Whether or not it should is a good discussion and it brings to the forefront how scors are done. We all have our opinions and those who got screwed do not appreciate being in a warning or even wxa for not much.

Archived