joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like one last band and it's done IMO. the 12z and 18z nam runs both show the quick exit... the 6z gfs showed .5" liquid eq over most of the state of ct. big fail

0z not as quick on the exit...has measurable into the early morning hours now.  Light, but pretty strong hint there will be a decent band on the south shore.  4km nam at 0z...it might get pretty interesting forky right along the coast later tonight.  I'm not convinced my surface temps will be cold enough but I think something will be falling....probably my hopes :)

0.24" liquid here... Pretty close to Euro.

Yeah once the Euro finally figured out this was going to be a storm yesterday it probably did pretty well...or at least as well as the high res NAM.

I enjoyed these two moderate snow storms even though I really didn't get much, 7.5 in two storms. The dynamics were very cool. I was supposed to go skiing at Wawa today but cancelled, best decision I have made in awhile, wow what a traffic disaster.

nah. You could have skied all day then hung out in the pub until it passed. Lol

Moon showing now.

here's the stuff the models are playing with later.  This originates from what's left of Will's band.  The main lift moves off, leaves a weak band around Scooterville.  Later as the 8h jumps offshore there's a pretty clear OES component as it upticks near Braintree-Hull and then slides down the coast.

Other models have had a faint trough almost there too...clear line there with the winds that works down with it.  I don't even know if it'll be cold enough here but I think there might be a narrow productive band of snow in the morning.

post-3232-0-55512300-1387333303_thumb.jp

Archived