joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong. Didn't you read that most of CT is 4-6?

Looks like a lot of 4-5" measurements in the PNS from BOX & OKX:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Not sure if it qualifies as most of the state but a fair amount.

It's like 5-10% of those reports.

What is happening in here today?? Lol.

Sadly for a lot of us at times. I think you guys all spend too much time answering or counterbalancing stuff. Better to just let it slide for the continuity of the board.

+ 1

This event will be memorable, for me...worst driving experience ever. The great thing about this board is, you can share/complain to virtual people who probably arent paying attention to you anyway lol. Feels goot though and its certainly a stress reliever.

great overachiever for you. That's awesome.

My folks say they have like 15-16" on the ground at 250ft in the Hudson Valley...with a foot the other day and 5" more today. That's like the first time since I've moved here that ALB has more snow on the ground than at my place...but granted ALB has gotten shafted for several years in a row. Their luck was bound to turn around in the Capital District.

I can certainly see why you guys in SNE root so hard for below normal temps though...leads to stuff like today where it's -22F up here and northern fringe while it's a teens snowstorm in SNE.

My folks say they have like 15-16" on the ground at 250ft in the Hudson Valley...with a foot the other day and 5" more today. That's like the first time since I've moved here that ALB has more snow on the ground than at my place...but granted ALB has gotten shafted for several years in a row. Their luck was bound to turn around in the Capital District.

I can certainly see why you guys in SNE root so hard for below normal temps though...leads to stuff like today where it's -22F up here and northern fringe while it's a teens snowstorm in SNE.

Rick Logan11 was-18 this morning and still got a better snow than me. ALB areas are doing well.

Ahh I see it now. Just googled it...funny after like 20 summers in Woodstock I didn't know about Ashford. It's just south of Union and southwest of North Woodstock (Woodstock). I always thought it was more east over by Killingly for some reason.

I think Ashford is behind Union in terms of population in the state with a little over a 1,000 people.  A good chunk of those towns are forest and main roads really don't cut through them for a long way.  The other thing is that, as with many New England towns, there are several villages but I don't think one is called "Ashford".  You've probably been through there but didn't know it!  Westford is one of the villages - right by Boston Hollow.

Archived