• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

2.4" more than you had before.  Wouldn't that be 5% of your approximate seasonal total?

Maybe I need to find another place to measure. No matter what the storm everyone comes in with more snow than me in surrounding towns except for the DOT observations. Either I'm doing it wrong or everyone else is lol. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding meso models, WSI's RPM did well within 24hrs of the event.  Here's the snowfall accum forecast from today's 12z run.  The light blue shading is 1-2. You can see the 6" lollis in and around Boston with more in central mass through the ME coastal areas.  It also nailed the track along the lower Cape. Looks like at 00Z the low center is right over  or off the beach in Hyannis (1010mb).  While MVY has a SLP of 1011mb with a WSW wind.  

post-1726-0-14770200-1387331205_thumb.pn

Regarding meso models, WSI's RPM did well within 24hrs of the event.  Here's the snowfall accum forecast from today's 12z run.  The light blue shading is 1-2. You can see the 6" lollis in and around Boston with more in central mass through the ME coastal areas.  It also nailed the track along the lower Cape. Looks like at 00Z the low center is right over  or off the beach in Hyannis (1010mb).  While MVY has a SLP of 1011mb with a WSW wind.  

Yeah it did well.

some of you got too wrapped up in the gfs

For today?  I don't think so.  There was interest for tonight which as it turns out was valid.  The 0z nam and most of the rapid cycle stuff shows that band by Will taking the next 12 hours to exit the Cape.

Intensity?  Who knows...but the GFS idea may not have been bad on a lingering band of snow overnight.  It appears it's going to happen.

Wrong. Didn't you read that most of CT is 4-6?

Looks like a lot of 4-5" measurements in the PNS from BOX & OKX:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=BOX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Not sure if it qualifies as most of the state but a fair amount.

I think the difference is like 5". I'm ~40" and you're ~45". TAN does have some interesting differences from one side to the other on climate. CF's tend to bisect us on occasion.

It is festive outside. Was not a wet or tainted snow at all.

I was going to say that off hand I would guess I so 5 or 6 better than you. And yeah it can be pretty cool sometimes. Seems like so far this year we are on pace to finish about 5 or 6 apart.

And exactly no mix or anything. Barring any rogue snow overnight, I finished with exactly 2 1/4" new. Not bad, little better than expected. Better it white than wet

For today?  I don't think so.  There was interest for tonight which as it turns out was valid.  The 0z nam and most of the rapid cycle stuff shows that band by Will taking the next 12 hours to exit the Cape.

Intensity?  Who knows...but the GFS idea may not have been bad on a lingering band of snow overnight.  It appears it's going to happen.

looks like one last band and it's done IMO. the 12z and 18z nam runs both show the quick exit... the 6z gfs showed .5" liquid eq over most of the state of ct. big fail

Again in SE MA...interior SE MA and RI if you go back and look at the models....it was pretty well sniffed out before this morning.

Here's the 12z 4km nam snowfall thingie...this was VERY good in eastern areas.

Hey it happens, I'm disappointed but not melting down. It's still white that's all that matters. I just think people need to relax with the meltdowns.

Archived