Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bust here. 3.5" total with flurries winding down. Last night's front end was a disaster here with only light snow that changed to a light sleet, freezing drizzle. The radars were awful here all night and we had extended periods where it really wasn't doing anything at all. We had 2" from the front end, 1.5" from the back end. Back end started briefly as sleet, but flipped to snow after 20 minutes or so. It ripped +SN for a while, but is now ending.

1002 spc LP  SE of block island .......isobars have kink in them NE over to outer cape......low may track to elbow?

850's look cooler than most guidance had at this time (for the batch of precip) -2c 850 over my fanny.....bos a hair below 0c 850...isothermal pretty much.

BL temps ...edit damn wunderground down....lookin for melrose wakefield woburn reading peabody temps wet bulbs

Yup, Its going to track right over the elbow and the precip NW of that is going to maul us

Lol. Chicken knuckles

Sitting in the lodge at Wachusett

We had IP for a while. Switched to pounding snow. Daughter rode the chairlift for the first time

Nice - it's spring yet winter!   

yeah we're about 80 percent snow vs IP now ...mainly snow now.  

Ahead of the heavy line, that 10dbz stuff is freezing drizzle/mist here. Temp is slowly dropping.... from 31.3 to 30.4 presently.

Sleet here with a few flakes in. Actually quite a nice coating of it on the car. 32.5

My father just texted me from MHT to say he couldn't believe how heavy it's snowing there right now.

Archived