joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate snow here, probably around 1/2 inch OTG. I'm expecting 2-4" before a changeover.

This will be my final post on the boards for reasons outlined below in my sig, for those of you who have made me welcome here, thank you, it is much appretiated.

-skisheep

Moderate snow here, probably around 1/2 inch OTG. I'm expecting 2-4" before a changeover.

This will be my final post on the boards for reasons outlined below in my sig, for those of you who have made me welcome here, thank you, it is much appretiated.

-skisheep

:weenie:  :weenie:  :weenie:

Overcast and cold.

33/-4 and overcast.

Yeah, I just think those unusually low DPs are being under-estimated in the evolution of this thing.  I could see quite the ageostrophic component and a tuck pattern evolving due to hygroscopic dynamical cooling making for a hefty air mass in the lower thickness interval(s), particularly in having antecedent +PP N, ... would not shock me if even the colder models are not cold enough in places like EEN to ASH-MHT and that air slipping S with any pressure falls at all near the cape.  

Binghamton, NY went from 10sm straight to 1/2sm SN within an hour and has since had around 0.2" QPF in 3-hours with 1/4-1/2sm visibility.  They are at 23/21, so that's a cold snow.

I've seen the same, a couple of counties north of them.

Temp dropped like a rock as the snow came in.  A bit over an inch OTG now.

Radar still a little ragged, but improving with time.

Archived