Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31.7/28 - Light to Moderate Snow...

That was odd... just a quickly as the temp went up, it's coming back down - and I've lost 1 degree from the dewpoint.  

There was no change in snow intensity.

However... the wind has decreased and more often the direction is between 90 and 70 as opposed to 110 to 130.

1" OTG - No sleet or rain mixed in yet here.  

OT but I could easily miss an event of magnitude when I'm in Chicago late Saturday returning Thursday night.

I feel for you...I will actually be home during that time!  If that comes to fruition can't imagine the piles in the driveway based on what was already there, what comes tonight and tomorrow and then again Thursday and early next week.  This period just might become truly historic for someone.

About an inch here so far. Snowfall has been light in intensity, but snow growth is pretty good. Hoping we can rip for a while before the midlevels warm up around 04 or 05z.

Do you think we taint in N Franklin Co. ?  

Snow growth is ok but borderline SN+ now.   That stuff rotating over your head is really blossoming nicely as it moves NE.

31.2/28 - Light Snow.  Precip is more banded with heavier bursts.

Winds have definitely switched direction.  Consistently between 080 and 060 and much lighter.

Any clues why the drop in winds and change in direction?

Looks like the sleet line is moving swiftly up from the SW toward this direction. 

1.25" OTG

Archived