Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like about 4". Nice.

and radar looks good scott.

sleet line look to have made it just N of NE ct border over to ri/ma border over to cumberland to maybe attelboro then washing out for now

i know i'm good with my locale but seems line is progressin ahead of schedule

Yeah, Analyst version. Probably the best weather related purchase I've made for the amount I use it. Though I'm starting to think a subscription with ECMWF ensembles and 13km resolution would be pretty sweet.

Yeah that sounds pretty cool. I have GR2Analyst myself but I usually only use it for tornado season, although that appears to already be underway. Can't say it's the best purchase I've made but the more I use it the more worth I get out of it. BR and BV cross sections are awesome on it though.

you would hear sleet yes or no i dont see sleet just snow

NW ct radar really filling in and looks solid.. "snow like"

i'd be surprised if you went outside and didnt notice pingers off your arm. if the wind isn't blowing much and there is snow on ur windows i'm not sure you would hear the sleet

close to three inches but not quite...sleet mixing in..nbd at all so far just as i had feared

sct..westchester cty ftw once again ftw and they flipped hrs ago lol...

well that would be a big bust on box snowfall map

looks like sleet line is cutting down totals across N CT and N RI as well (so far) and S parts of mass ct river valley

wow what a MORON i am.

i had been measuring on deck railing tonite bc i didn't wanna drag some snow back into the house.  i look outside and think to myself "man that looks alot more than 4 inches" which is what railing on deck has.

i take ruler out to top of car......and then i go back to deck and walk across to the picnic table top .........5.6 and 5.7 respectfully

judging by radar melrose/reading//woburn etc all have similiar totals........we have been crush'd tonite.

i see why MPM has a qpf fetish looks like the e slope of berks are gonna bust .....pretty bad on this one.......unless as low gets going off central NJ in a cpl hours it throws precip back against the e slope but i think it gets going to late for much of W ma ...

front end dump is crazy in N burbs of boston ......got about 6 inches down in wakefield, ma and radar looks like its only gonna pound harder next cpl hours. i think i'll accumulate nicely thru 8 am...so prolly get around 10 inches lookin at radar.  

i see why MPM has a qpf fetish looks like the e slope of berks are gonna bust .....pretty bad on this one.......unless as low gets going off central NJ in a cpl hours it throws precip back against the e slope but i think it gets going to late for much of W ma ...

front end dump is crazy in N burbs of boston ......got about 6 inches down in wakefield, ma and radar looks like its only gonna pound harder next cpl hours. i think i'll accumulate nicely thru 8 am...so prolly get around 10 inches lookin at radar.  

LOL--I was just about to say that I was glad i got up at 3:30 so I could see it snow a little while.  Looks like I'm about to get sucker-holed and the precip's going to shut off momentarily.  Had a nice burst leading up to it in anycase.   Box just came out with a new map now--maybe that should quickly adjust it.  Wish I were in Maine or NH.

post-462-0-86512400-1363681562_thumb.png

LOL--I was just about to say that I was glad i got up at 3:30 so I could see it snow a little while.  Looks like I'm about to get sucker-holed and the precip's going to shut off momentarily.  Had a nice burst leading up to it in anycase.   Box just came out with a new map now--maybe that should quickly adjust it.  Wish I were in Maine or NH.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/StormTotalSnow/index.php

yup their new map has me in 8-10 now. makes sense as i'm over 6 and rippin.  i'll make it to the higher end of that total by 8am and i don't really expect to accumulate much after 8-9am tommorrow

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/StormTotalSnow/index.php

yup their new map has me in 8-10 now. makes sense as i'm over 6 and rippin.  i'll make it to the higher end of that total by 8am and i don't really expect to accumulate much after 8-9am tommorrow

I promised my daughter a snow day today.  I'm hoping the forecast makes them give her one even though the storm might not warrant it.  Precip's about to shut off after what looks like might be 4".  Not confident at all that the second part is very significant out here.  Is it spring yet?

24.3/23

Archived