Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss Morch.

At least it's not going to be some kind of a nuisance storm that delays our spring fling.

Yeah...this one cancels Spring Fling for the rest of the month...if you are going to stop Spring Fling...go all out and cancel it with heavy snow and no warmups in sight. None of this flip-flopping crap with 1" slop coatings, and then 47F the next day...rinse and repeat

Walked right out into the Gulf of Mexico with it still plugged in.

I was thinking that if he hadn't been home for the Feb blizzard...he would have somehow finagled his way into seeing the least amount of snow possible of anyone in New England..excluding maybe ACK, lol. At least he got a great lesson on terrain this season...Shrewsbury ain't so bad, even if its at 440 feet. He'll get a better winter at Plymouth during his time there, but its not a snow mecca like the mountains up there.

Absolutely Will...Plymouth had 50-51" or so when I left last Friday, so w/o the Blizz, I would have manged seeing the least snow of anyone....trust me, I've thought of that. Even Dendrite 25 miles away is near 70" I think? I saw some good storms back home this year, but the biggest snow I've seen at Plymouth is 4.6", lol.

Slightly OT, but the cold is impressive tonight with dry snow down pretty far south into CT....but I was checking record low maxes and record lows anyway...and 1967 is a complete beast that is unmatched at any point on the records for this period. Obviously we don't have the setup for minimums with precip falling....but 1967 on this date 3/19 was -4F here. The closest behind that was 10F warmer at 6F in 1993. What a sickening airmass that was. 3/18/67 had a high of 13F here. That's just filthy.

2007 is impressive too, but overlooked this month. Set 2 rec ord low maxes earlier in the month and narrowly missed a third. Also set a record low of 0F and two 2nd places. But that was back in the Mar 6-9 timeframe.

Archived