Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

almost time to break out dual pol radar will?

i'm doing pretty solid on front end  i think KBED-KBVY corridor will get quite a thumping most of the nite. good spot wrt to mid level warmth or potential warm tongue

Dual pol wont be needed in MA except the far S parts near EWB until tomorrow morning.

2" right now and coming down at a good clip.  Moisture is starting to creep into the snow though, wetter than it was even and hour ago.

Yeah I just got home and the driveway was getting a tad slushy and I'm about 20 minutes south of where you are. Can't wait for this to turn to rain and put the kabash on this. I got out of the C's game tonight and it was already snowing pretty nicely; wasn't sticking on the roadways but sidewalks, cars, and vegetation had a decent coating.

Haha you know it (insert sarcasm). What do you have out your way?

Prob about 1.5" here...we got stuck under a sucker hole for a while...yes, ORH actually got screwed for an hour or two. Its been snowing really hard since about 1130 though. You need to embrace the winter ending and not wish for 70F temps....we will have 6-7 months of warmer weather. Embrace the snow.

Prob about 1.5" here...we got stuck under a sucker hole for a while...yes, ORH actually got screwed for an hour or two. Its been snowing really hard since about 1130 though. You need to embrace the winter ending and not wish for 70F temps....we will have 6-7 months of warmer weather. Embrace the snow.

Yeah Scott tries to reinforce that thought into my head. I don't know what it is. I really try to embrace the snow/cold but it must be something in my blood. I tell him I should've been born in a warm weather climate like San Diego. New England is a very unique place to forecast for so it's good to get that expertise. I honestly still can't fathom the Worcester area receiving over 100" this winter. Hell of a winter for you especially after last year.

+1

looks like PVD-JOhnston ri is goin to sleet

ri dot cams show good visibility south of North providence......wether it's light echos i dunno but seems sleety

you can pretty much pick up the snow/sleet line on box radar....the echos go from solid to shred sort of look ...now from tolland ct (if the rev gets up to "tinkle" ...he'll be piss'd! lol) over to say cranston, ri 

You can definitely see the mixing aloft via low CC becoming more diffuse and harder to define at 0.5o. In reality what is going on is that the warmth is being shoved farther aloft as it runs into the cold dome. Instead of a warm layer streaming in at 2000 ft, it is rising up to around 4000 or 5000 ft.

Dual pol almost has the sleet line to Tolland, CT where Kevin is...but I'm not sure how much is large snowflakes and how much further north it can go in the next 6 hours...its running into a brick wall.

4" of snow on the ground, but we're mixing with sleet now. 

It's been an odd mixture of a few huge flakes, small flakes, sleet, and some graupel...

You can definitely see the mixing aloft via low CC becoming more diffuse and harder to define at 0.5o. In reality what is going on is that the warmth is being shoved farther aloft as it runs into the cold dome. Instead of a warm layer streaming in at 2000 ft, it is rising up to around 4000 or 5000 ft.

attachicon.gifBOX_2.png

attachicon.gifBOX_3.png

Slight OT....but I love how it says "suffolk" instead of just Boston which would be 1000x times easier for people to idenitfy....but the only people using that would know what Suffolk is anyways.

Slight OT....but I love how it says "suffolk" instead of just Boston which would be 1000x times easier for people to idenitfy....but the only people using that would know what Suffolk is anyways.

Probably force of habit for me too. I could change my defaults to not show counties at all, but I've always liked having them for when I go cruising radars in other parts of the country. Then as I zoom closer I get progressively smaller cities pop up.

Archived