Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow is that a helluva rad signature plowing through Boston's southern 'burbs.  Looks like bow echo squall.  I bet someone's getting some big sleety snow balls with that sucker

I was gonan say...that thing looks liek a squall line.

Another bust here. 3.5" total with flurries winding down. Last night's front end was a disaster here with only light snow that changed to a light sleet, freezing drizzle. The radars were awful here all night and we had extended periods where it really wasn't doing anything at all. We had 2" from the front end, 1.5" from the back end. Back end started briefly as sleet, but flipped to snow after 20 minutes or so. It ripped +SN for a while, but is now ending.

Yeah pretty weak here too in the valley to your NW.  Maybe 4" OTG after compaction and currently melting fast.  The best part was a brief period of heavy snow around noon (heavy snow, esp during the daytime was very rare this winter).  The last few models runs, which reduced QPF, ended up pretty close.  In fact model QPF pretty much nailed the snowfall in ENY with .5 - .8" at 8-10:1.   Could still see some flurries through this evening.  Any March snowstorm could be the last for a while, so it is always appreciated!

You had the same amount this morning that the Staffordville guy to my north had.  I went out right when it switched to sleet and had 4".  The sleet just compacted everything to 3.0" at 0700.  I haven't heard what fell this afternoon.

I measured 3" at 12:45am when it was still snowing heavily, at that point I was past the 100" YTD total. At 1:15am it started to be a mix of sleet/snow and that became heavy and kept me up. By 3:00am I had 4.5" of snow/sleet OTG and I fell asleep after that point.

Today we had about another 1/2" of sleet/snow.

Burst of heavy snow and it looks like the sun is trying to come out... lol

Blue sky and sun peaking out now.

Funny you should have that.  I went out to get the mail as the snowuge (deluge of snow) was easing and I thought I was going to go from ludicrous snow to blue sky.  Shortlived--now just stead snow, vis about 1/2 mile.  Must be forming below the radar as that's clear.

30.4/28

Archived