Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT but really awesome breaking weather news from the blizzard.

Ansonia's coop observer reported 36.0" from the blizzard. Being investigated as a new state record http://ryanhanrahan.com/2013/03/19/breaking-nws-investigating-36-0-ansonia-ct-snow-total-for-state-record/

Shelton, CT poster beat you to it earlier today. ;D  That is an amazing total for a relatively small window of time.

Update on Boston and Worcester:

Boston:

Snowfall through 1:02 pm: 7.0"

February-March Total: 54.1" (3rd highest)

Seasonal Total: 62.9" (18th highest)

Worcester:

Snowfall through 2:22 pm: 6.3"

February-March Total: 73.7" (highest on record; 2nd highest 2-month total)

Seasonal Total: 107.3" (4th highest) 

Glad I am working from home today. The evening commute is going to be horrendous.

Me too.  Although the radar shows the precip almost out of NE MA right now.  That's going to really have to fill in quick and slow down to get the forecast 12"-16" (edit: WSW reduced to 10-14.  Only have 5-6 so far) up here.

Me too. Although the radar shows the precip almost out of NE MA right now. That's going to really have to fill in quick and slow down to get the forecast 12"-16" up here.

You want to watch the echoes in the GOM that are going to be moving NNW as the low moves up over the cape elbow into the GOM

Me too.  Although the radar shows the precip almost out of NE MA right now.  That's going to really have to fill in quick and slow down to get the forecast 12"-16" up here.

I would really love to get 10-12" out of this, but I don't see it happening unless the advancing wave decides to put on the brakes.  What we need right now is a magical pivot.....

Might be up close to 6", but only 1" over the past 3 hr.  Watching that awesome 30-dbz C-shaped bow curve thru S.Maine, E.NH, then over the Maine mts to Moosehead.  MBY is in the "cup" of the C, getting 10-15 (until the good stuff reaches here.)  Much drier snow here than I've seen in the pics, even from PF - no snow staying on the hardwood twigs, though the firs are loaded.

Archived