Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of WBZ Boston

The Mobile WeatherLab was at WaWa. Interviewing one of the Crowleys. The boy and I did a little photobomb

Looks like April 7 is the last day based on me talking to a lot of employees

I've been so many times if I'm one of "those" Crowleys.  I also am constantly asked if i'm one of the dairy Crowleys.  I'm not either.

Nothing on radar or satellite overhead

Yet it is snowing and cloudy

Yeah--damnedest storm.

You might have some luck with that stuff spilling near/over the Berks as it dries up.  What is your seasonal average, btw?  Snowing lightly here but doesn't look to be accumulating much.

That's what's given me this last .75"

1.5" last hour, 7.6" for event

Nice.  Yeah if that's anything like when that rolled through here, you guys are in for some fun for a bit. 

The bulk of our accumulation came in like 2-3 hours this afternoon, lol. 

It dumps, then there's a lull...then it dumps again, then dry slot.... then it dumps again, haha repeat.

Lots of stuff still developing in NY State.

snizzle...event total 4.5 inches..will wait to post in the log thread just in case there are a few more tenths tonight..i agree with mpm though about being around avg while others have experienced a winter for the ages..

this afternoon was cute but wasted on daylight and low elev

congrats to nne finally!

finish with about 11 here. a tad more maybe.

pretty much all fell by 8/830 am. 10 inches at that time.   some crap fell till 1030 ...huge flakes and sleet...at least another half inch...... then w round two had at least 1/4 inch of sleet in half hour then another 1/2 inch of snow in next hour...BL temps were pretty cook'd at that point here. around 11.25 final settled depth much less ..sleet did a number on depth around 9am and again with the barage around 230.

Nice.  Yeah if that's anything like when that rolled through here, you guys are in for some fun for a bit. 

The bulk of our accumulation came in like 2-3 hours this afternoon, lol. 

It dumps, then there's a lull...then it dumps again, then dry slot.... then it dumps again, haha repeat.

Lots of stuff still developing in NY State.

The photos you post are always amazing!

But I thought the snow was supposed to continue through about midnight tonight for Southern Maine?  Looks on Doppler as though it's about to END....?

Mid level dry slot is going to shut of precip here for a bit until tonight until we get precip building back in with the approach of the low into the GOM that is now over the cape elbow

pmsl.gif?1363731190878

Mid level dry slot is going to shut of precip here for a bit until tonight until we get precip building back in with the approach of the low into the GOM that is now over the cape elbow

I mean the coastal is really just starting to equal the primary in terms of development, so there will be some redevelopment that hopefully fills in the advancing dry slot some. It already looks like it as the beam blockage at BTV due to the Greens blossoms as it echoes reach GYX range.

I mean if we're going to cancel spring, let's cancel spring.

You might have some luck with that stuff spilling near/over the Berks as it dries up.  What is your seasonal average, btw?  Snowing lightly here but doesn't look to be accumulating much.

As far as seasonal average--I'm guesstimating it to be about 80". Probably mid-way between Pete and Chris. going into this I was at 69.5.

I mean the coastal is really just starting to equal the primary in terms of development, so there will be some redevelopment that hopefully fills in the advancing dry slot some. It already looks like it as the beam blockage at BTV due to the Greens blossoms as it echoes reach GYX range.

Yeah,You can see it starting to fill on radar over NNH heading south, Rap has the surface low getting down to 996mb in the GOM about 75 miles SE of PWM

Yeah I think its definitely filling it... its started really coming down back this way again.  If we can grab 1-3" in this batch that would be sweet.  More stuff back over the Adirondacks... almost looks like a squall line coming.

So it's not over for metro Portland?  I'm just a layman, but it sure looks on radar exactly like a storm as it's finishing up, sweeping last band of precip from SW to NE through York into Cumberland Co.....

As far as seasonal average--I'm guesstimating it to be about 80". Probably mid-way between Pete and Chris. going into this I was at 69.5.

I see why you're "meh" on snowfall this year.  Should still finish above avg, though.

High on 3/19/12 at ORH: 78F

High on 3/19/13 at ORH: 31F

Eh, whats 47F among friends?

That 78F is unbelievable.  lol

Archived