Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 18-20th Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen heavy snow stick in mid May here so march is easy granted it was morning ive still seen it lol

If today doesn't put to bed the sun angle/accumulation argument nothing ever will. 34F and after the burst of +PLSN the roads are a cluster. Absolute cluster. 

S+ will stick in June. 

Looks like "round 2" will be sleet or freezing rain down here. Sorry Kevin but your change back to snow looks unlikely lol. 

Yeah snow's done. Not sure what weather fantasy model is looking at for his evening flip to snow. 

Roads are an epic nightmare right now. 

Looks like Kevin's call for a change to snow worked out but the timing was off.

27.5F sleet.   Didn't think the warm air would make it this far north

It's not that it's warm. The column is below freezing, but nucleation must be piss poor due to the relatively warm air well aloft. I think we need the heavier echoes (deeper lift) to tap into the temps cold enough for nucleation (ie snow).

It is like a sheet snizzle right now here.

even from one side of town to the other around here there is a pretty big difference.. just talked to my mom again and closer to the river she has about a half inch we ended up with 2 here.. happens a few times a year even being a little higher up really helps

Edit: with this last band not storm total

Yeah within 10 miles of the Mass. border it panned out. Well done, Kev. 

Down here we never were able to flip... got close at one point... but just couldn't do it. 

Moderate snow/sleet falling here with another 1/2" of accumulation today for 5" total.

You had the same amount this morning that the Staffordville guy to my north had.  I went out right when it switched to sleet and had 4".  The sleet just compacted everything to 3.0" at 0700.  I haven't heard what fell this afternoon.

It's not that it's warm. The column is below freezing, but nucleation must be piss poor due to the relatively warm air well aloft. I think we need the heavier echoes (deeper lift) to tap into the temps cold enough for nucleation (ie snow).

Your correct, just came outside and it definitely was not sleet, piss poor nucleated little snow balls

It is like a sheet snizzle right now here.

You had the same amount this morning that the Staffordville guy to my north had.  I went out right when it switched to sleet and had 4".  The sleet just compacted everything to 3.0" at 0700.  I haven't heard what fell this afternoon.

Yeah I also measured 4" last night before the sleet moved in.  Why is Staffordville always more than us?

Archived