12bet1 net
Great 2013 Melt-off

amc

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still pouring, 0.20" last hour at BTV.

Flood warnings starting to go up.

Flood warning for the Winooski River in Essex Junction.

Stage this morning was 3 feet and its forecast to rise to 13 feet by tomorrow morning. A nice ten foot rise in water level...fairly impressive for that large river.

50.9 with mist, snowpack has taken a beating, but still remarkably more healthy than I would have thought at this hour. Shots were taken at 310pm. The rain will do a number later though I think. Still 14" at the stake.

new 2.jpg

new1.jpg

new 3.jpg

That is impressive! About the same at 1500ft east slope of the northern Greens right now...most inhabited places have much less.

No powderfreak sugar-coating this with pics of snowy pines...full on abortion in progress right now. Heavy rain and streams are rising very quickly.

That is impressive! About the same at 1500ft east slope of the northern Greens right now...most inhabited places have much less.

No powderfreak sugar-coating this with pics of snowy pines...full on abortion in progress right now. Heavy rain and streams are rising very quickly.

It'll switch to snow in a few hours...there's mixing showing up over the Adirondacks. You'll also do very well with the extreme -NAO and lows trapped near the Canadian Maritimes in the next 7-10 days. 

Cold front blasted through here with strong WNW winds and plummeting temperatures. 38° F now, down from 50° F just over an hour ago.

Snow pack was pretty much obliterated here save for patches and piles. The woods may still have some solid cover, but won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.  Then again, my snow pack was much less than areas off to the east as I've missed out on most of the good stuff the past several weeks.

15-25" of snow pack Friday afternoon with the edge of driveway at 4-6 feet.. down to a lot of green across the street but my yard (shade) one green patch around the tree then mostly 10-15" of depth.. piles took a big hit.. down the hill all snow pack is gone.. ALL snow lovers should live up the top of a hill. what a difference!

Still 100% coverage in Randolph which is a bit surprising. Usually we loose snowpack like no other but this year between the blizzard and this, I've been surprised how long we have managed to hold it. We still had 40% coverage from the blizzard before this.

Looks like we should have grass showing within a few hours though and tomorrow won't be good. Looks like a slow trickle down for temps into the evening.

Oh well, not emotionally invested as if it was Jan or Feb.

Still about 12" of snow here. Should make it through the whole onslaught with still 8-10"...we'll lose a bit more before the front comes through and then a little bit tomorrow with the downslope temps in the 40s...but dews will be low so it should be not nearly as bad today

Mar12_ORH1.jpg

Mar12_ORH2.jpg

Mar12_ORH3.jpg

Mar12_ORH4.png

Still 100% coverage in Randolph which is a bit surprising. Usually we loose snowpack like no other but this year between the blizzard and this, I've been surprised how long we have managed to hold it. We still had 40% coverage from the blizzard before this.

Looks like we should have grass showing within a few hours though and tomorrow won't be good. Looks like a slow trickle down for temps into the evening.

Oh well, not emotionally invested as if it was Jan or Feb.

This area is a sh*thole for snow. Hopefully by next winter I'm in a new place away from the city.

This area is a sh*thole for snow. Hopefully by next winter I'm in a new place away from the city.

Just SW of the city can be ok...Milton...but if you can hack it, go just WNW of the city

Even around here there are huge difference....downtown ORH has patches of grass showing in all the torch spots. My neighborhood is still covered in deep snow...obviously form the pics.

Archived