Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Great 2013 Melt-off

amc

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the final damage was solid here, but we hung on pretty good. We lost a bit more since I took those pics last night...today was pretty mild, but at least the dews were low.

Here's a few pics at sunset....the last pic you can see Wachusett through the trees.

Mar13_ORH1.jpg

Mar13_ORH2.jpg

Mar13_ORH3.jpg

Mar13_ORH4.jpg

Mar13_ORH5.jpg

impressive. The rain did serious damage here, I have (sherborn not brighton) maybe 3 in the fields and 6 in the woods. I'll take it however, any year I get up around 100" is a good year..

oops forgot the pics..

left1.jpg

left2.jpg

Man that shaded drift in the corner of the house is definitely a weenie patch of snow haha. That's probably the last spot to melt huh? As a kid I used to shovel our deck and pile it all in the north-facing corner....would last like 7-10 days longer than any other pile or snow on our property haha

Here's that visible shot today

Mar13_visible_Satellite.png

Really defined area of solid coverage in ORH county...you can see some of it extending back to KEvin in NE CT but its thinner and more sporatic there...like on weenie hills such as Kevin's. And there's def a weenie area of snow SW of BOS in that Blue Hill region.

Man that shaded drift in the corner of the house is definitely a weenie patch of snow haha. That's probably the last spot to melt huh? As a kid I used to shovel our deck and pile it all in the north-facing corner....would last like 7-10 days longer than any other pile or snow on our property haha

Yup sure is, the very last. It's amazing what shade will do, as a kid I used to go to Ruggles Mine in NH for my birthday (June) and inside the mine they always had snow..love it.

Here's that visible shot today

Mar13_visible_Satellite.png

Reall defined area of solid coverage in ORH county...you can see some of it extending back to KEvin in NE CT but its thinner and more sporatic there...like on weenie hills such as Kevin's. And there's def a weenie area of snow SW of BOS in that Blue Hill region.

LOL poor RI. BTW, I have been meaning to ask, do small changes in elevation make a difference? by small I mean a couple hundred feet. I have a big hill on my property and it seems to but I have never been sure. Here's the hill:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-71.3922821&lat=42.2417633&datum=nad83

LOL poor RI. BTW, I have been meaning to ask, do small changes in elevation make a difference? by small I mean a couple hundred feet. I have a big hill on my property and it seems to but I have never been sure. Here's the hill:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-71.3922821&lat=42.2417633&datum=nad83

200' means everything in ern MA. I'll never forget the difference in snow I saw in Hyde Park during the day of 3/31/97. Sometimes when the temp profile is borderline at the surface and cold aloft, the temp decreases rapidly with height. 200' can mean almost 1F. 

200' means everything in ern MA. I'll never forget the difference in snow I saw in Hyde Park during the day of 3/31/97. Sometimes when the temp profile is borderline at the surface and cold aloft, the temp decreases rapidly with height. 200' can mean almost 1F. 

Thanks, nice knowing it's not just my imagination :)

I think there's about a 200' difference is between Somerset Ma and Stoughton. I remember driving up rte 24 during some spring storms that would be cold rain in Somerset and then be snow in Stoughton.

LOL, it is funny. Hey...to each his own. If I could have a DC Spring..I'd be all in. But, I know better.

Yeah spring blows here. But the past 2 years were ok. Looks like we pay now. I'm heading to ORH 3/23 and it may be pretty cold there for the 5 days I'll be there.

LOL, it is funny. Hey...to each his own. If I could have a DC Spring..I'd be all in. But, I know better.

I probably would dislike spring more if I lived east of here. We can have some pretty awesome days while you guys are ready to jump off the Tobin. 

Yeah spring blows here. But the past 2 years were ok. Looks like we pay now. I'm heading to ORH 3/23 and it may be pretty cold there for the 5 days I'll be there.

Where you staying?

We should meet up. Downtown ORH is like a different world compared to up on the north side here right now...a good amount of bare grass showing...but up here almost 100% cover.

Spring is my worst season. I loathe it. The only thing that makes up, are the anomalous nor'easters.

Yeah but at least summer in Boston is amazing...lots of highs in the 70s and 80s and not nearly as much as 90s with humidity stink as to the southwest.

Archived