• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

So while I did kind of talk my husband out of going down today, he just got word that his office is closed. I can say I am much relived that he will not be on 270.

On another note after seeing my neighbor wrangle 3 dogs outside in the rain, these are the days that I appreciate our cats doing their business inside.

You think it is too late to teach the dog to use the litterbox?yikes.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not ALL government agencies are closed today. A certain not named agency decided to open with liberal leave, even though all other government agencies attached to it are closed, except for emergency personnel. Personally, feel this is pretty irresponsible since they are probably the largest employer in the region. Hopefully most people are smart and just call in, but I can't help but wonder who they coordinated with, considering the governor is telling people to stay off the roads, and all mass transit is closed.

My dog is a doofus. He could care less about rain but will avoid every puddle like it's poison. If I drew a line behind him on his walk this am it would look like a bowl of spaghetti.

Mod to little bursts of heavy rain here. Sidewalks starting to look like little creeks.

A good bit of leaves came down yesterday and this morning. This can only help when my house gets blown off its foundation later.

My dog is a doofus. He could care less about rain but will avoid every puddle like it's poison. If I drew a line behind him on his walk this am it would look like a bowl of spaghetti.

Mod to little bursts of heavy rain here. Sidewalks starting to look like little creeks.

A good bit of leaves came down yesterday and this morning. This can only help when my house gets blown off its foundation later.

Haha I say that all the time, but have you seen new surface winds sustained at 90-100mph now on recom?

My dog hates rain, but loves standing water/lakes/rivers/creeks. He's an idiot, too. But he's my idiot!

Haha I say that all the time, but have you seen new surface winds sustained at 90-100mph now on recom?

I'm having a hard time with winds. At least inland west of the bay. I'm just not sure how bad it will get. I'm probably getting 20-30mph gusts in these heavy showers so I suppose it could be worse than what's being forecast.

I think all 3 airports will flirt with or surpass 70mph gusts but that's just a hunch.

Archived