Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mod rains with some stronger gusts now. Winds woke me up

I don't know if it was the winds but something did. The 850 wind on the GFS for DCA at 00Z is 105 kts. Over my house the 925 mb wind is 85 and it looks like 80 percent or so might translate to the surface. Gotta get my chatting done early before we lose power this afternoon.

I don't know if it was the winds but something did. The 850 wind on the GFS for DCA at 00Z is 105 kts. Over my house the 925 mb wind is 85 and it looks like 80 percent or so might translate to the surface. Gotta get my chatting done early before we lose power this afternoon.

I'm starting to hear that dull roar in the background where the winds are just constantly blowing. Rains are picking up

I wish you guys the best up there. Be safe stay inside.

morning! hubby is heading to work (thank goodness its only 10 minutes down the road) so I was awoken by an alarm and then a growling tummy. Ill nap later, maybe.

Even if only 10 min, I hope he stays safe. Awake now and gonna need lots of coffee. I doubt I will sleep or nap for a long time now that this thing is here.

Even if only 10 min, I hope he stays safe. Awake now and gonna need lots of coffee. I doubt I will sleep or nap for a long time now that this thing is here.

i doubt he works a full day, we shall see.

Tony Pann still kinda minimizing impacts on 11. Surprising.

Sent from my DROIDX 2

yeah, i noticed that too.

I'm like you, I won't sleep now until the winds die down later tonight. I wish I had some caffeinated coffee instead of my standard decaf.

Sadly, local media/mets that downplay, or continue to downplay the situation endanger the public.... lines at home depot were insane with people waiting for multiple hours to get generators, etc. So glad I knew in advance thanks to many folks here!

Right now, this is like mind games as we "know" what conditions are forecasted, but wont know the effects until we are seeped in it..... no fun

He always takes the more conservative approach.

I guess that's fine. But he keeps saying Balt and Chesapeake has "dodged the worst" and showing gusts 40-60 mph as max. And that was at his 6:45 am update. Hard to say either of those things is the right message or accurate. At least not off of last night's modeling, which should be pretty damn accurate at this point.

Not saying he is endangering anyone, just kinda disagreeing with his take.

I guess that's fine. But he keeps saying Balt and Chesapeake has "dodged the worst" and showing gusts 40-60 mph as max. And that was at his 6:45 am update. Hard to say either of those things is the right message or accurate. At least not off of last night's modeling, which should be pretty damn accurate at this point.

Not saying he is endangering anyone, just kinda disagreeing with his take.

I don't understand that at all. If he is right then great but all signs show it will be pretty bad.

Archived