Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Sandy Obs and Banter thread - fall 2012

mappy

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely mapgirl, its getting pretty rough down here SE of Baltimore.

I wouldn't say it's rough up here - but I've noticed more leaves flying by the window I'm sitting at than before. Not a steady wind, but definitely a pick up in gusts

I wouldn't say it's rough up here - but I've noticed more leaves flying by the window I'm sitting at than before. Not a steady wind, but definitely a pick up in gusts

Yeah I'm not far from the Bay, about 5 or 6 miles, my girl lives right on the bay, and its pretty bad there. Winds gusting 30-40mph already here though, TS force down in Edgemere/Sparrows Point.

Ok this is the first Hurricane my family has been through. I am getting anxious that I have not prepared enough. Currently...

Have frozen bags of water (2)

over the past day have half emptied our ice maker into bags and will do more (3)

Food

coolers

flashlights (2)

charged phones

batteries

weather radio

blankets

going to set up a bed in the lower level (our townhome is 3 levels and we are on the highest part of our neighborhood so our roof line is higher than the single family homes)

Water

I think I have what we need but am thinking I am missing an important item.

People in the Capital Weather Blog who are saying this is overhyped because TX and FL get "cat 1 storms all the time" need to have the **** slapped out of them.

My best friend is from Houston (lives here now) and he said pretty much the same thing a couple days ago. I tried to explain it, but I think a lot went over his head.

We do have that and by my anxiety I apparently need to have some now! drunk.gif

Seriously though are we ok?

Yes, your list sounds fine. Long duration power outages and trees on homes is pretty much the highest impact. If you don't have any trees within harms reach then being prepared for a few days with no juice is fine.

I'm hoping my 4g service sticks around. I can hotspot with my phone and I really hope I can stay connected to the net. I expect FIOS to fail at some point.

Anybody remember the guy in VA beach that dropped his shorts and ran across the background during live TWC coverage of Irene? The sausage flapping in the breeze had me on the floor crying for 10 minutes. I think it was seidel but I can't remember. Kept a straight face but the studio was dying.

I remember that. I was actually watching it live and there were some drunk frat boy types and a football comes through and then them and then a guy side jumping across the camera with full frontal. Alcohol is a hell of a drug. Speaking of which, is it 5 yet?

Archived