joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco -II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I as outside an hour ago. Lots of blowing and drifting taking place. I took several measurements on the level areas and came up with 13" then. Snowing heavily still and appears I've got a ways to go. I won't be suprised if I break the 20 barrier (oops, I didn't say that, did I????).

How's it up by you?

Cold out here. Temp is up 22.5/20.

I had 5.5" on the ground about 30 minutes ago. Snow has lightened but there's heavy bands in the GOM getting ready to pounce. GYX has me at 6-10 today. I laugh ... 12" is attainable and frankly expected.

22.4°

Really Really Ripping here now that the band is on the move......man......this will end up being the best storm for me since Feb 2006......but we have only been here since 2004.......Wiz this is just so fantastic....I can't wait to get out there and shovel baby shovel........my neighbor already offered me the thrower but I said "That's very kind but I like to shovel, I have a problem".....she laughed......I guess now we can say "Brought It" instead of "Bring It".......:thumbsup:

Waterbury CT at 9am.... 17" in back via snowboard, 18" out front via sidewalks...

I got 5" in the last hour and forty minutes...so it has been snowing at 3"/hour during that duration when the 32.5dbz band passed through...lightened but still in the 27dbz range...but it looks like a VERY quick change to 22 and 17.5 soon...

So I don't think we will be abke to hit 20....need another 1-2hrs of moderate snow for that...

Scott, I can attest to the fact that you pointed this out several times in several ways. Last measurement was 17.5" but likely over 18" now. That band is now directly over me and it's cranking. Just to the West 20+" and Box has just upped totals to 19-24" here. We'll get there easily it would seem. I must commend you on your keen eyes picking up on this feature. I really think NAM did an excellent job out here, Messenger's comments notwithstanding. Awesome light powder here, now I'm really of to the mountain. Ba bye>!!!!

hi What a party just off the hook

Waiting for the wrap around CCB here. Been doing much of nothing, except for the winds.

Kev, go check out your FB page. Lol.

My precip shut down for about 20 minutes, but has picked up a lot and I'm back into WHSN (wicked heavy snow) at the moment. looks like everything's pivoting our way now. Let's get that CF through and have some better ratios now

24 inches officially measured for North Haven (1-2 miles north of me) Can confirm that total, will give exact measurement in a few + some pictures when snow ends. (still under 1-2+ inch an hour rates)

Whats funny is when I came in from shoveling at 330 AM you were complaining about the dry slot , Congrats

Really Really Ripping here now that the band is on the move......man......this will end up being the best storm for me since Feb 2006......but we have only been here since 2004.......Wiz this is just so fantastic....I can't wait to get out there and shovel baby shovel........my neighbor already offered me the thrower but I said "That's very kind but I like to shovel, I have a problem".....she laughed......I guess now we can say "Brought It" instead of "Bring It".......:thumbsup:

This is fooking incredible! I just can't describe it...I CAN'T wait to get outside lol...I think my mom has to work at noon and there is like 2.5' of snow at the end of the driveway :lol:

I have to post this for all the CT peeps. PHAIL!

18-24"+ statewide

from the Reverends FB page, all in response to Kev.

David Tolleris BIG STORM OIN WED that passes way out to sea... dude you like a bigger clown thannJI

David Tolleris yeah only a clown like you could call the Euro a BIG storm for CT. VA...or MD? sure .... but is 6" is BIG snow for CT? LOL... whatever dude...

David Tolleris better call out the national Guard Kevin.... for 6 " of snow CT is going to get hannered !! crushed ... wiped out

David Tolleris Steve YOU are mis readng what I wrote. Kevin by wed will be back here lying--he does that a lot-- when his snow forecast Busts. He will either say I forecast NO snow at for CT... which of course I havent OR ... he will say that he 7"... and therefore I busted . You see Kevin is a dishoronable peson. Its a game to him. He can make all the wild ass charges and forecasts he wants to --after all he is HUGE JB fan.... but if someone who knows something about weather comments on it KEVIN jumps on it to claim a Bust -- often DAYS before the Low has event formed LOL...

David Tolleris you see ? Now a 6" snow for CT is BIG winter storm. really?

does anyone in CT really think that?

:lmao: what a tool that guy is

Archived