joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco -II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting so hard to measure with the drifting, looks like about 16.5''...maybe close to 17''...I say closer to 16.5'' though, not sure if it's snowed hard enough to drop 1.5'' since I last checked like an hour ago although it could be close.

I think I freaked some lady out too going into her yard to measure...I heard her call for her husband :lol:

enjoy your rest. hope your clients appreciated all of your time and efforts.

:snowman:

How'd you do on the Cape?

Alright, all understandable. And not criticizing you personally or your call/skills but saying the NAM sucked was like "really!?" to me. It's a dear friend of mine now and I shall defend it vigorously :wub:

Tip's idea was right, and I think it became a matter of trusting its meso skills in this specific situation. I can understand why some wouldn't, especially when it spits out what it did, but it seemed like the globals could do no wrong to many (not just you). Good on you for saying what you did!

Keep in mind like Kev said, tt had changed his mind too. People have the right to change their minds and I did change mine later yesterday but let's be realistic, I didnt see a single noaa forecast or TV forecast that was different than mine for western MA and CT that was posted here or was on NOAA's site, or on Boston TV. I forecast snow on 10 to 1 ratios and have said that many times and defer to Will etc on ratios. I figured 8-16 was the common number. 12-18, 10-20. And for the record, the 12z-18z-0z all botched the handling of the vorticity off NJ. It really did fire, just a little later. Why the NAM started to drop that in close I'm not sure but it's 0z forecast kind of sucked for SE MA, it wasn't really close to right. This QPF map probably isn't going to be very good in terms of the 1"/1.5" line wouldn't you agree? This is the 0z NAM forecast....

I was hoping for 4" here last night. We got quite a bit more than that, had thunder for 20 minutes and some blinding snow rates just prior. It was fun.

Why is everyone saying Tip nailed this? He did a fantastic job with it from 3-4 days in...but he initially said this was OTS and a miss

By far IMO the best in all the details, who stayed here detailing the storm every step of the way highlighting the pros and cons was Scott. Will did well too, but Scott was prolific with the detail and possibilities. I think in general we all probably thought the track was going to be closer to ACK than it was, but it's not a perfect science. The 0z NAM kind of demonstrates how fickle it was...even it flip flopped a little at the end.

Wire down at my house. I looked outside and saw a downed wire coming from my house and stretching across the street. Thought it was maybe a cable wire, but everything is working fine must be an old wire.

That would make this storm go from enjoyable to unbearable. Losing power is fun for the first 15 minutes before you can't run anything, no heat, and at my house, no hot water. :axe:

LOL , dude this party is non stop. Rev Kev spinnin some Biggie, Jerry about to throw some moves, Pete is doing swan dives off the roof. Crazy naked coed synchronized snow swimming in the back yard, Will passed out on the couch beer in hand. Ray handing out shots. Shot Hour! Oh yea Scooter had to work, bummer

It makes me laugh that you know who Biggie is....I love it when ya call me Rev Poppa

Getting so hard to measure with the drifting, looks like about 16.5''...maybe close to 17''...I say closer to 16.5'' though, not sure if it's snowed hard enough to drop 1.5'' since I last checked like an hour ago although it could be close.

I think I freaked some lady out too going into her yard to measure...I heard her call for her husband :lol:

You are supposed to put your clothes back on when you measure snow in someone elses yard :lmao:

I think I am going to go jump in the snow for fun and just lay there for a few minutes....

GYX FINALLY updated, took until 9:18 AM of the storm. Southeast NH and southern Maine up to Portland, 10-18 now. Most everyone else 8-14. Warnings to the CAN border now.

While I'm getting hit for western SNE, I think you'd agree I was saying the eastern 1/2 of NNE would be into a good hit...and that over time the situation would go that way.

Congrats, I hope you get 2 feet.

You are supposed to put your clothes back on when you measure snow in someone elses yard :lmao:

I think I am going to go jump in the snow for fun and just lay there for a few minutes....

:lmao:

I feel like doing flips into the snow...this is just so great...literally BALLS deep in snow...can barely walk through it, I've nearly gotten stuck a few times. Trying to remove this will be a ****, virtually nowhere to put it.

Archived