Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

35 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I never measured, and half of it was probably gone by the time I could've measured.  Based on a 6AM look out the window, I'll go with 1".  Just slush on hard surfaces.  Pretty crappy event here.  No surprise.

8.5" for the year.  Lowest in the region I'm certain. 

This may be the saddest report of 1" snow I've ever seen

Can't really manage to report a T today. I'm at 8" seasonally. Coastal plain lyfe tho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

This may be the saddest report of 1" snow I've ever seen

Can't really manage to report a T today. I'm at 8" seasonally. Coastal plain lyfe tho

You can use T if snow fell then melted on contact. You don't need stickage for a Trace.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That is unbelievable. I am like 10 miles NW of you have double that amount so far this winter. You shouldnt have moved back :)

This one was a bit crazy -- I'm between Round Hill and Charles Town, but ended up with 3.7" --- being on the mountain with a little over 800' elevation made a huge difference.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I never measured, and half of it was probably gone by the time I could've measured.  Based on a 6AM look out the window, I'll go with 1".  Just slush on hard surfaces.  Pretty crappy event here.  No surprise.

8.5" for the year.  Lowest in the region I'm certain. 

I'm right at 10" for the year about 20 miles to your NE.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Had 0.17” precip after the lull.  Most of it was frozen.  Ended up with 0.2” snow.  Not the ratios you want.t

Since 2021 DC has had 4 marginal temp snow events with onsets after sunrise that have turned 2-4" events had they occurred overnight (with the exact same temp profile) into T-1" events. Some of our recent suck on the margins is just bad luck imo. 

2/7/21

2/13/22

3/12/22

2/13/24
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rjvanals said:

Since 2021 DC has had 4 marginal temp snow events with onsets after sunrise that have turned 2-4" events had they occurred overnight (with the exact same temp profile) into T-1" events. Some of our recent suck on the margins is just bad luck imo. 

2/7/21

2/13/22

3/12/22

2/13/24

Yeah, shift the whole thing a couple hours earlier before sunrise and I’d have gotten a couple inches. And this was a fast moving storm that just hauled its ass out of here

• Like 1