Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

3 hours ago, WVsnowlover said:

Bernie Rayno had this storm right from day one. Didn't he have our whole region around 5-8" like 4 days ago?

Right.  He and accu weather had my area with 3-6 the entire time.  it was the perfect call for my area at least.  Guess i might need to pay more attention to him in the future.

29 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

From my perspective, the Euro and ICON were the most steady and it was the ICON that had the higher totals most consistently. But I don’t think any had the widespread higher totals that we saw. 

The Nam did well seeing the upside but only at around 24 hours out. It was the first to start spitting out pockets of 6"+ if I remember correctly. 

5.75" total both storms here. It's still doing some kind of weird snizzle you can't see. At 5PM I finished shoveling the driveway, walkway and steps. They are now covered again with like a half inch! 

AND for those of you in love with having the streets staying covered overnight for days know that I'm not a fan when you get black ice and runoff freezing underneath, especially when you're on a steep incline or slope. I've had enough trips to the bottom of the driveway in three seconds!

Holding at 28/DP19 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its dumping here again. Another streamer. Gonna have to up my total when its done. What a storm. 

Remember I’ll need your total. Up here on LI it only snowed about an inch or so but there was some snow already here and it was beautiful 

11 minutes ago, Miss Pixee said:

AND for those of you in love with having the streets staying covered overnight for days know that I'm not a fan when you get black ice and runoff freezing underneath, especially when you're on a steep incline or slope. I've had enough trips to the bottom of the driveway in three seconds!

Hopefully people stop loving it so it never happens again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

2d4aec966294691c1f0f244d9d77d77b.jpg

Back in snowy DC. Will have to stay for a snowstorm here eventually… just prefer walking around a neighborhood with trees and grass while it snows!

i'd recommend Georgetown but well, you know...

• Like 3