• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Snow on Snow: the this always works until it doesn't thread

psuhoffman

2-4 by morning up here will mean another snow day for BCPS. They can't do a delay as they were already getting out 3hrs early for the end of the marking period. What a fun week for the kids! :snowing:

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

2-4 by morning up here will mean another snow day for BCPS. They can't do a delay as they were already getting out 3hrs early for the end of the marking period. What a fun week for the kids! :snowing:

My dryer is exhausted though. :D

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

They will make it asynchronous learning day I bet.  They do not want to burn through another snow day on a half day.

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

I also think it is funny that they now get a half day for end of the marking period... Just another reason to give time off.  There is no reason for a half day.

5 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I also think it is funny that they now get a half day for end of the marking period... Just another reason to give time off.  There is no reason for a half day.

It's so the teachers can finish paperwork and submit grades and such. Teachers are already underappreciated enough - are they just supposed to do that in their personal time? 

• Like 7

Euro would get DCA to its historical average snow for January. Also been 72+ hours straight now at or below freezing. Considering last January low temps hit 35 at 11pm and never budged all night and the obvious lack of snow it's been a pretty nice week. Even better if the 1-2 tomorrow verifies. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

It's so the teachers can finish paperwork and submit grades and such. Teachers are already underappreciated enough - are they just supposed to do that in their personal time? 

Very good post. I'm no teacher buy have family members that are and I don't think people realize how much of their personal time is used for the "behind the scenes" stuff.

Now the perk is being off for 8 weeks over the summer lol.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Interstate said:

They will make it asynchronous learning day I bet.  They do not want to burn through another snow day on a half day.

The official BCPS policy is 4 snow days then asynchronous, not sure they will be able to get around that. They've used 1 day so far.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic