• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

My office is opening at 10am...trying to pass up the management chain that there is now some freezing rain. Certainly my dead end street has not been plowed (usually one of the last). MCDOT probably will have to bump back out onto main roads for extra treating if it ices up again. With how our users adapted to remote work over COVID...they really should just say it's a remote work day. Nothing stopping folks from going in...24/7 keyfob access...but with kids home why not just say it's fine for everyone to WFH. Rant done. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

...With how our users adapted to remote work over COVID...they really should just say it's a remote work day. Nothing stopping folks from going in...24/7 keyfob access...but with kids home why not just say it's fine for everyone to WFH. Rant done. 

That's what my fed gov office does -- we don't close any more, everyone teleworks today.  Even if we had a blizzard again with several days "closed" we still work.  Good tradeoff with the WFH flexibility we get

Got a touch of frz drizzle coming down now

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

We did it guys, we did it.  Most of us are on the board. We did it. 

Thanks for making it happen after I almost murdered the threat. So when can I start the next thread for Friday?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

That's what my fed gov office does -- we don't close any more, everyone teleworks today.  Even if we had a blizzard again with several days "closed" we still work.  Good tradeoff with the WFH flexibility we get

Yeah, we are still full remote, which is amazing, but I have a feeling they are going to try to force us back a couple days a week soon for whatever nonsensical reasons they have. But yeah, the tradeoff of having to work snow days has been totally worth it given the flexibility. And we have hardly had any snow days the past however many years anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

25 out. Did 3 measurements and got a solid 4.25". There is some light precip that looks to not be freezing rain or drizzle. Looks like pixie dust falling. Just cleared off the drive and that went fast as it was a dry snow. 

Sounds about in line with my total. We had a few bands affect the north side of town last night that probably boosted us a bit compared to BC. Great storm for our hoods! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

It's definitely freezing drizzle - spots that I had cleared are SLICK right now on the driveway/walkway. And yes - I really do think that's why my office should do. I'm guessing it's because a few of the secretaries haven't advanced with the technology and are "exempt" from working remotely so to get "everyone" working they just open the office. 

• Like 1

My 4.25” was on 0.42” precip, so pretty much a perfect 10:1 ratio.

Can’t help but wonder if the shoddy flake quality destroyed our chances at meeting true WSW criteria. Still, we did well.

I assume I’ve got a very similar total to this. Gonna stick a stick in it this morning and see if it surprises me…