• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

For those of us north of I-70, our good snow is not for later. Enjoy all the stuff now but the show for us has a bit before it takes effect. 

Widespread 3-5” with local to 6” is a very solid call right now from Sterling. Things materializing well and on time. A beautiful day 

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

That is beyond embarrassing. I’m over 1” in north Frederick now. It’s light to borderline moderate and stacking fairly easily 

Yeah. They’ve had that 1-3” forecast for a few days. And it was a good range as of…Friday? Saturday? But it’s been looking like 2-4” or even more for like 48 hours at least. 

• Like 4

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Yeah. They’ve had that 1-3” forecast for a few days. And it was a good range as of…Friday? Saturday? But it’s been looking like 2-4” or even more for like 48 hours at least. 

I want to know what's up with CWG (the staff) and the commenters in there.

They keep acting like this is going to be 1" and done, when there is widespread 1+" by 5pm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Are you in Georgetown, South Carolina?

You can't be serious!  I will take all the rest of my posts to the panic room.  NO snow for the last 2 hours.  I have a light drizzling rain now, and I mean very light!  Where is the snow?

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Looks like some brighter greens popping up around DC, heading east. It's already picked up here but flakes are still smallish, few bigger ones mixed in. Hope that green brings some heavier stuff this way. Roads caved, plowed, caved again. Accumulations accelerating in Canton.

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

For those of us north of I-70, our good snow is not for later. Enjoy all the stuff now but the show for us has a bit before it takes effect. 

Widespread 3-5” with local to 6” is a very solid call right now from Sterling. Things materializing well and on time. A beautiful day 

Oh! That answers it - thanks Millville - been kinda disappointing really so far up this way 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warm Nose said:

That dryslot to the west is real. Just reached here and it crushed the rates significantly it's all pixie dust now. Headed east on radar ...

The dry slot in the west has been well modeled for days now. Should start to fill in over the next few hours

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yea, I've been eyeing a 10pm stroll around the 'hood...I think that's when things will kick into gear around here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinGTown said:

You can't be serious!  I will take all the rest of my posts to the panic room.  NO snow for the last 2 hours.  I have a light drizzling rain now, and I mean very light!  Where is the snow?

Must be Georgetown, DE...or you've found a portal to another parallel universe. Your obs match nobody else in this forum. Get real. If obs on here were QCed yours would be toast. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1