• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

Up to about an inch on elevated surfaces in Arlington.

My Hill of Doom MUST have been brined.

Otherwise, the sidewalks and driveway partially caved in again.

(Thinking about it, I'm not TOO surpized that Falls Church called it early. The high points are about 400 feet elevation, and with the latest NWS update..."5 for us? No bus."

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The trends across guidance today have not been good for here overnight. Less and less precip. Hope I can break an inch lol.

Unless we get some surprise bands 1 to 2" looks to be max, might be close to 1" in Easton, 26.8 with pixie dust still falling

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Have a relative in town who has been trying to fly out of DCA today... airport seems to be basically closed. After 1-2" of snow? Pretty pathetic.

1-2 inches at DCA extrapolates to at least 6 inches everywhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Have a relative in town who has been trying to fly out of DCA today... airport seems to be basically closed. After 1-2" of snow? Pretty pathetic.

Looks like they are temporarily shutting down the runways for cleaning.  Planes are back to taking off.

Just drove from Dulles to our house in Vienna on Lawyers Road.  The Toll Road and 28 were fine - just wet with snow crews lined up along the berm on stay.  (Athough some infidels were still driving 25mph with their flashers on).  

Hunter Mill road is starting to cave w.slush and ice.  Portions were surprising slick with a layer of slush transitioning to ice in spots.  

Lawyers road was even more tricky.  Does not appear to have been treated since this morning and the traffic is compacting the slush and turning it to ice (currently 27F here).  Was hard to get stopped to turn into our driveway.  

Amazing what a since inch can do around here.  I grew up on Ohio and this would be a non-event.