Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

4 minutes ago, Paleocene said:

I am a lifelong eagles fan, but transferring support to the ravens for this playoff run. They look unbeatable. Will be a great game in Baltimore next week.

yeah I was thinking this coming out of the regular season.  They've got everything going.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAH buddy!!! That's one monkey off our back--on to the AFC championship game. Still more work to do! Was really impressed by how, after the offense knocked off some rust (although Lamar himself wasn't rusty), this team picked right back up from where they left off before the bye week. They didn't blink!

Man I sure hope this is finally the year...like how much better can a team be? And there is definitely something different in Lamar, and the team is just feeding off of it. Combine that with this special defense...I mean you couldn't have a better opportunity to do something special.

GO RAVENS!!!!!!

• Like 5

LFG. What a great game. The D was monstrous flying all over the field. After a slow start LJ looked like an MVP. It’s a shame the Niners won. They were only team left in the playoffs who concerned me even slightly. See you at the bank next Sunday at 3:00 pm. 

• Like 3

Okay guys now I feel like I am back in high school again worrying about exams lmao. I feel that way because earlier tonight, people were trying to GRADE the performance of the winter in the Mid Atlantic. What we have here, is a bunch of misplaced high school teachers trying to grade the weather lmao!

But since then, NO model discussion whatsoever is to be found and I am so down, that I don't even know what to do. I was so hard up for model discussion, that I was forced to read old topics! Remember back in the COVID-19 era in 2020 when sports were effectively shut down and we were getting sick and tired of watching old football games that took place many years ago? They were even showing older 1970s-era games geeze! I have a brand new obsession with reading model discos, hopefully full of sophisticated meteorological jargon! I absolutely DELIGHT in that! I wish I could hack the NWS and SPC and the NHC and other related agencies just to happily grab all their decades of model data loaded up with abstruse jargon! I am far more excited over reading that, than I would ever be over getting to personally watch 50 feet of snow fall at a Himalayan ski resort in the monsoon!

LFG. What a great game. The D was monstrous flying all over the field. After a slow start LJ looked like an MVP. It’s a shame the Niners won. They were only team left in the playoffs who concerned me even slightly. See you at the bank next Sunday at 3:00 pm. 

I mean we beat them and they barely could contain a packers team. I’d say lions could give them a run.

1 minute ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

More importantly- who are you taking in today’s playoff games?  I’m thinking Lions 35 Bucs 17

chiefs 24 Bills 21 

Lions, Bills.

Super Bowl guess: 2012 season repeat, Ravens/49ers, with a Ravens win 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Yeah, Ravens look quite formidable for sure.  While the 49ers might be their toughest competition (assuming both end up in the SB), at this point I don't see how SF overcomes that.  I mean, the Ravens did beat them soundly on the road.  I'm sure SF would adjust but I don't see much of anyone beating Baltimore if they keep playing at that level.  And I actually wouldn't totally rule out the Lions pulling an upset win next week for the NFC championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

It stinks that our base state is so warm right now- we fight and claw just to get a nice 7 day cold period.  Warmth comes right back with a vengeance and never lasts for just a week.  

You must not be from the area. This is how a decent winter happens. Most winters we never get lucky enough to have such a beautiful period of winter weather. If we're lucky enough to get another storm or cold white period this winter will be an A in my book. This week made my winter. Everything else is a bonus. 

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

It stinks that our base state is so warm right now- we fight and claw just to get a nice 7 day cold period.  Warmth comes right back with a vengeance and never lasts for just a week.  

This is literally every winter in this area.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic