• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

4  9" reports

...Sussex County...

1 SSW High Point 9.0 in 1000 PM 01/06 Emergency Mngr

3 W Vernon Valley 9.0 in 0950 PM 01/06 Broadcast Media

1 ESE Kittatinny Lake 9.0 in 0938 PM 01/06 Public

Hampton Twp 9.0 in 0920 PM 01/06 Public

Some of the hardest rates I've experienced in a long time. Im hearing reports of 12"+ in NEPA right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The winds have def shifted in our favor,the snow falling isnt as wet as earlier,more on the icy side. Which means the warm air has stopped and prob has slowly started to move se across the area and back to all snow overnight. Someone upstate gets 20+ inches just my hunch.

36 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Maybe that's why I went from junk to heavy accumulating snow in the last 20 minutes. Absolutely ripping out. I thought it was going to change to plain rain around now and not get my best snowfall of the night but I'll take it. 

Yea I think the wind going from E to NE has helped you and Don in Larchmont to go from that mix to snow.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

@rgwp96Measured 4.25" here at around 9:30pm.  Now it's a mixture of sleet and rain at 650'.  Not bad and fits within the 4-6" range I was expecting.  We'll see what happens overnight.

I have 4 and I’m snowing again 

• Like 1

Map of amounts posted by the NWS. They dont have mine in there yet.  

Anyway...   very difficult forecast with a very large gradient.  After all is said and done I'll get a map of amounts up here Monday morning.  This is one is not done yet... impact is major out here in the sticks.  More to come this storm and even for you NYC I think between 9A-2P Sunday. 

Also,  can mix talk of the next storm in here as appropriate... I'd probably wait til late Sunday, but this is winter, and it looks like much more to come.   

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 10.59.15 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic