Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

12 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

How does it get this much snow in most of New England when the 13th is a cutter? Is this just from the one storm on the 16th?

13th has front end snow too. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

How does it get this much snow in most of New England when the 13th is a cutter? Is this just from the one storm on the 16th?

If you didn't like today's, You wont like the 13th, Carbon copy of this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kitz Craver said:

Where is the coastal love Ray speaks of? Not found on this clown…

In this coming pattern coastal areas are playing with fire due to how far west the western ridge axis is on the models. It is a hell of a lot better than anything we had in December and last year though.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

First time in maybe 2 years where I looked at the long range and was like...."ok...maybe we can work with this.." 

i think it’s a really good pattern and people are a bit gun shy. if this pattern popped up in the medium range in 2014 everyone would be disrobing 

IMG_4184.thumb.png.47438d6b0bd713108fe9ae60a52df7b3.png

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i think it’s a really good pattern and people are a bit gun shy. if this pattern popped up in the medium range in 2014 everyone would be disrobing 

My guess is this pattern would not be as prolific even with that block lol. Who would've thought a raging +NAO could produce that. Pacific is king as always. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Wait...we're not disrobing?  Um ok...gimme a sec...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I do think a big icestorm is legit threat this year 

Clock is ticking for big ice - most have been within a month of the solstice.  The 2 worst ice storms, by far, that I experienced both came on Jan 8-9, 1953 in NNJ and 1998 in Gardiner.  Next 2 were Dec 11-12, 1970 in NNJ and 12/13-15, 1983 in Fort Kent.  Those 4 are the only ones that had noticeable tree damage, though lesser ones, including 3/6-7, 1967 in NNJ, have bent the birches.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

We’re all fatigued from underperforming favorable nao patterns. Systems have either went inland or have become strung out saggy double boobs . We need Pamela Anderson, in her prime, not in her 50s…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re all fatigued from underperforming favorable nao patterns. Systems have either went inland or have become strung out saggy double boobs . We need Pamela Anderson, in her prime, not in her 50s…

But I’d still rather see Pam in her 50’s, than a Rosie O Donnell pattern in her 20’s any day.  So bring this nice looking pattern and we take our chances with Mature Pam! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Clock is ticking for big ice - most have been within a month of the solstice.  The 2 worst ice storms, by far, that I experienced both came on Jan 8-9, 1953 in NNJ and 1998 in Gardiner.  Next 2 were Dec 11-12, 1970 in NNJ and 12/13-15, 1983 in Fort Kent.  Those 4 are the only ones that had noticeable tree damage, though lesser ones, including 3/6-7, 1967 in NNJ, have bent the birches.

Feb 28, 1995 was a big icestorm in SNE. But you’re correct they seem to be more front-loaded in December and early January (or November if we’re talking about the 1921 event). 

Kevin wants an ice storm so he can lose power.  As transformers were crackling during the 2011 Octoberbomb he reported his wife and daughters were leaving.   Daughters were crying, Kev running through the house yelling weeeeee!  Kev’s family realizes he’s one of a kind and accept his insanity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, weathafella said:

Kevin wants an ice storm so he can lose power.  As transformers were crackling during the 2011 Octoberbomb he reported his wife and daughters were leaving.   Daughters were crying, Kev running through the house yelling weeeeee!  Kev’s family realizes he’s one of a kind and accept his insanity.

He’s never fully recovered the mental anguish of barely missing out on the December 2008 historic ice storm. He didn’t have a public meltdown but that one I think cut deeper than any of the public meltdowns like 2010 MLK had. I think he might have just sat quietly in his basement for an entire night after that one. 

But his time will come…we’re going to get another one at some point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have a sickness .I fully admit it and that scenario you described is very true . There is nothing more that I covet than extreme weather . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a sickness .I fully admit it and that scenario you described is very true . There is nothing more that I covet than extreme weather . 

First step to recovery is admitting you have problem... Good first step... Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3