Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec/Jan Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

2 hours ago, MDScienceTeacher said:

Right.. I dont know if anyone remembers this but the weather channel used to have a segment called "A look ahead" where they would show the jet stream pattern up to 7-10 days in the future.  It was a great segment and they used it to warn people ahead of time for snow storm potential.  That  was probably my earliest memories of following weather models. 

I am sure that segment would do very well today LOL.  I do remember that always gave me hope in times of despair when it came to snow. 

Hello Kevin Reilly!

I see you awarded me a hot dog. I dont understand why. I am not a weenie.

Oh wait. I AM a snow weenie!

Model runs are NOT going down.

Jan 22, 2024. That's the day. Get your shovels. Stock up on stuff that keeps you awake. On Jan 10 we are all gonna be tracking a storm. There is going to be cold air just in time. We are all going to be GLUED to the models.

This storm will develop over the Gulf then make the turn and slowly lumber up the East Coast. A Siberian air mass will be filtering down. There is going to be a ton of excitement in not just our sub, but in subs up and down the East Coast, SNE is going to get clobbered as well by this, but it is going to be such a slow mover that it will dump ridiculous amounts of snow in Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia and over the entire Mid Atlantic then bury Philly, New York City and on up into the Canadien Maritimes. This storm will reach a point, a sweet spot that in effect is the 40/70 Benchmark for a snowstorm blasting the Mid Atlantic! The Northeastern ski resorts are going to be absolutely buried, even by THEIR standards! They will get all their winter snow mojo back in one fell swoop. This storm is going to be BIG, especially for the DC Metropolitan Region. Tracker will be back in time for this one, and Northwest DC will get buried alive in snow! Much of West Virginia will get demolished by this storm as well!

We can still drink ourselves right into a stupor lol. Drink up and be merry, because regardless of how many hotdogs I get awarded, Mid Atlantic is still gonna get obliterated by snow come Jan 22 2024.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dendrimer77 said:

I personally like Weather Will's contributions, including these crazy maps. Have some Christmas cheer, man....or at least have another spiked egg nog. Merry Christmas everyone! May we all be blessed with massive snows soon.

We need a snow event like yesterday.  It been so long since we tracked anything.  People are just eating each other for nourishment.  Ripping each others hearts out and frying them in oil.  Then putting those hearts in a stew with lentils and carrots.  Merry Christmas to all.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

6z GEFS suggestive of a storm for the 2nd with possible NS interaction/phasing.  EPS has it too but somewhat weaker and develops further NE.
1704153600-3YKulGu6JS0.png

Do we perhaps have something to track inside one week?! Even if it’s not the stronger signal of the 2, I’d gladly take a smaller event to kick things off.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Pattern analogs are useless right now. They’re spitting out some incredibly snowy periods (1996,2010) and some years that had almost no snow (2002, 1981).  Subtle differences can tilt this either way. 

Our quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fall, to the ruin of all…

Yet hope remains while all the company is true. 

• Like 1

Wow, Haymarket Va Weather.com 8 Jan. for giggles

43°

56%
NW 7 mph

Cloudy with rain and snow showers early changing to mainly rain showers in the afternoon. High 43F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

• Humidity61%
  • UV Index2 of 11
  • Sunrise7:28 am
  • Sunset5:05 pm

Mon 08 | Night

27°

60%
NNW 4 mph

Snow likely. Low 27F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected.

• UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise4:48 am
    Waning Crescent
  • Moonset2:06 pm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Wow, Haymarket Va Weather.com 8 Jan. for giggles

43°

56%
NW 7 mph

Cloudy with rain and snow showers early changing to mainly rain showers in the afternoon. High 43F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

• Humidity61%
  • UV Index2 of 11
  • Sunrise7:28 am
  • Sunset5:05 pm

Mon 08 | Night

27°

60%
NNW 4 mph

Snow likely. Low 27F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected.

• UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise4:48 am
    Waning Crescent
  • Moonset2:06 pm

Yep 8-12 pretty common around here.  A Christmas miracle 

• Haha 1