Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event

nj2va

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Rates was the only thing we had going for us so if we lose that........

Not sure this one is worth the early-morning alarm. Seems to be sliding away from most, if not all, of us.

what? observations look fine, don't know why you're freaking out over a global run 6 hours out. fwiw, 23z hrrr actually upped the ante with rates so

Just now, AtlanticWx said:

what? observations look fine, don't know why you're freaking out over a global run 6 hours out. fwiw, 23z hrrr actually upped the ante with rates so

We're just not gonna know until it happens. Only thing I've seen that's psuedo-consistent is a good band west of I-95. I'd actually take the slightly earlier flip on the EURO as a net positive and move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, keviepoo said:

Yes… storm team Loco is leaving Leesburg right now to do a snow chase. We will be in Berryville in 20 minutes. Heading north on 340 towards Harpers Ferry.

Good for you! Enjoy the storm. Get as much elevation as you can. The higher, the better. Get as far above 1500 feet as you can!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We're just not gonna know until it happens. Only thing I've seen that's psuedo-consistent is a good band west of I-95. I'd actually take the slightly earlier flip on the EURO as a net positive and move on.

It’s all going to be about who can get a thump for 1-2 hours and then be awake to measure the moment it begins to slow down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, katabatic said:

All snow, 32.7. Since it's only about 25 minutes away and I am obsessed with this sh*t, going to take a little drive to Davis and Canaan and see how they are faring. Just bought a new 4x4 (and my deductible is reasonable) so let's test it out.

I'm going to miss my jeep lol.  10 years of storm tracking in that thing.  Extremely timely purchase, too...bought it in Fall 2013.

Just saw the 18z Nam...it's actually much better than I expected, so I guess I'm in now.  Looks like around midnight for a Frederick flip.

• Like 2

Was 56° at 515PM at my apartment. Left at 615 to 51° and bottomed at 50° on my drive in to work. 54-56° around College Park. 

Expecting flakes to fall but not much accum in my hood, although an inch possible on elevated and grassy surfaces. Just nice to know flakes will be flying on my drive home from work :santa:

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

47, raining. Wind from the NE. High was 58

I’m debating whether to set an alarm for this one. I’m in Ashburn - yea or nay?

both hrrr and euro has me at 1.5-2” total snowfall, but negligible snow depth

yeah cuz the rates will be nice to see anyways. and judging off the heavy snow in western areas of our region rn, looks heavy enough to maybe stick if possible

• Like 4