joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

This is a mushroom I've never seen before

20231001_130409.jpg

From the picture this app( hit backspace and it runs for free)

Marasmiaceae is a large family of mushrooms that are all drought-tolerant, having the ability to shrivel up in dry weather and then re-grow. The best-known member of this family is the shiitake mushroom, an edible mushroom that is used extensively in Chinese cuisine for its strong flavor. Note, however, that most members of this large and diverse fungus family are not edible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

wish we could keep this wx right through February

You can, just move to San Diego and you'll have this kind of weather all year long. Then your consistent posts about staying warm and being warm always be valid. I found a solution for you. Aren't you excited?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Weenie 1

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The red maples are bright this year.. so those will not disappoint. The fungus seeks to have avoided them. But the Oaks, Birch , orange maples all basically brown or rust 

I was working on a house in Tolland last week off 140 near Lake Shenipsit. What a weenie spot up there for elevation. Some great colors on the swamp maples around there but noticed all the brown. 

8 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I was working on a house in Tolland last week off 140 near Lake Shenipsit. What a weenie spot up there for elevation. Some great colors on the swamp maples around there but noticed all the brown. 

It’s very weird. I’ve never seen foliage like this year. Red maples look deep red.. but the browns are brutal . I’m a few minutes from The Snip where you were. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

From the picture this app( hit backspace and it runs for free)

Marasmiaceae is a large family of mushrooms that are all drought-tolerant, having the ability to shrivel up in dry weather and then re-grow. The best-known member of this family is the shiitake mushroom, an edible mushroom that is used extensively in Chinese cuisine for its strong flavor. Note, however, that most members of this large and diverse fungus family are not edible.

Thanks, I was going to put it in my spaghetti sauce tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 13 w/o rain, payback for June?   Sky is pure blue, though the smoke may arrive later.  Foliage color nearing 1/2, and it's at peak (and quite pretty) on the wetland stand along Rt2 a half mile west from the Sandy River bridge.  "Early corner" is generally a week+ ahead of the general area.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

We hope and pray the euro is wrong this weekend. This is getting absurd.

Unfortunately it was more right for this last flooder from 3+ days out than the other models.  

Yesterday evening, Hanrahan said looks like only a couple showers, no wash out. But we know how things change 5 days out.