• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?

WinterWolf

Need a snow event like this but less qpf, the whole slow moving back building kind of thing and buries just about everyone region wide....18 to 30 area wide lollis to 40 or so for the usual spots like Taunton and NYC and Berks. Not a ton of wind and during the daytime so we get the best views 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I can’t imagine having a below street level apartment. I don’t even like the idea of converting a basement to create a bedroom. 

Me either...they're breading grounds for spiders, centipedes, millipedes, and anything else with too many legs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 3

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

City flooding is fascinating to see from afar but it’s awful for those that live below or right at street level. 

I was just thinking about that disgusting smell that happens when you mix urban germ phage with decaying trash into turbid flood waters.  Nasty nasty nasty. 

Reminds me - in microcosm of course... - the French Quarter down in New Orleans/"Katrina", when the dikes failed and filled the neighborhoods in a nutritional broth of angry confused venomous snakes, dead animal carcasses, house hold chemicals and backed-out sewage ... clear to the roof-eaves in some cases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either way ... very high PWAT feed into a paltry mechanical layout is causing all this strife.

wow.

Standard intervals, granted... but there's only 10 to 15 kts of wind going around the 500 mb trough, which only has one isohypses ... way up at 582 dm no less.  We've been close to 100 F under hgts that high.

So CC'able or not, this is whack anomaly to have these coincident metrics create this much problem, either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Either way ... very high PWAT feed into a paltry mechanical layout is causing all this strife.

wow.

Standard intervals, granted... but there's only 10 to 15 kts of wind going around the 500 mb trough, which only has one isohypses ... way up at 582 dm no less.  We've been close to 100 F under hgts that high.

So CC'able or not, this is whack anomaly to have these coincident metrics create this much problem, either way.

Decent LLJ into NYC with that low level convergence and steeper lapse rates aloft. So whatever is coming in is rising with ease. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Decent LLJ into NYC with that low level convergence and steeper lapse rates aloft. So whatever is coming in is rising with ease. 

right, yeah.  There's a mechanism for rain - it's a matter of the synergy. 

I mean these seemingly innocuous set up are definitely over-producing more and more.  We actually have to be hit by the climate train to admit we're standing on the tracks here?  Or, going over the cliff in a bus and while someone yells above the calamity, don't worry ...it's just gravity.

• Like 1