• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?

WinterWolf

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Absolute torch in the fake temp valleys.

BML and here at MVL with 75F.

SLK with 73F at 1,600ft.

Fake cold to fake heat.

0D0EFCDE-3715-44DA-8AAF-09298A5EA2AD.gif.a1a3b0068dd3cba69aacfb469da54f16.gif

That's not 'fake' heat ... There is synoptically supported, deep layer ridge, hosting an 850 mb thermal field that if anything supports a warmer temperature than all those 77's across western NY ... All building in from the west - over top in some sense, too.  Look at western NY...  We may be mid 80s pan dimensionally by mid week as this scenario continues to UNfake itself.  Granted not 'at the picnic tables' but such is life up at the base of cumulus clouds.

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That's not 'fake' heat ... There is synoptically supported, deep layer ridge, with 850 mb thermal fields, building in from the west - over top in some sense, too.  Look at western NY...  If anything you're not fully mixed and it's already mid 70s. We may be mid 80s pan dimensionally by mid week.  Granted not 'at the picnic tables' but such is life up at the base of cumulus clouds.

Yeah I don’t know what fake heat would be but was trying to describe the inverse of radiational cooling… when the elevated mountain valleys are warmer than say BTV or other spots.  Like when the mountain valleys radiate to 800-850mb level temps and then mix back up through there in the afternoon.

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don’t know what fake heat would be but was trying to describe the inverse of radiational cooling… when the elevated mountain valleys are warmer than say BTV or other spots.  Like when the mountain valleys radiate to 800-850mb level temps and then mix back up through there in the afternoon.

Yeah... my resentment of that is because I hate that expression.  Temperature is temperature.  Tell you what...someone dies from exposure to radiational cooling some night - let's ask them how they feel about its fakeness. Lol.

No but I get what that means in the euphemism all that, but it's really hard to fake heat after the Equinox. We have to have some pretty significant mechanics at large scale really providing a scaffolding to press temps upward, because the sun above 40 N is getting fragile. 

• Like 2