• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?

WinterWolf

I think a narrow area will get smoked. For sure. I'd say somewhere between EWR-HFD down to HVN and then back towards NYC.  First guess. 

This time of year has seen some of the most prolific rain events I can recall. The combination of still high PWATs to be tapped, but now increased synoptic forcing, can lead to big rain events. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think a narrow area will get smoked. For sure. I'd say somewhere between EWR-HFD down to HVN and then back towards NYC.  First guess. 

This time of year has seen some of the most prolific rain events I can recall. The combination of still high PWATs to be tapped, but now increased synoptic forcing, can lead to big rain events. 

Agree but how big is big. I can see an upward bound of 5-7?

If places are going above that it’ll get really ugly, especially if that’s over the big September rain zone. 

3Ajfshs.png

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Agree but how big is big. I can see an upward bound of 5-7?

If places are going above that it’ll get really ugly, especially if that’s over the big September rain zone. 

3Ajfshs.png

Good question about how big is big. But some of the hi res (even hi res ensembles) are eye opening. 

• Like 1

• WinterWolf changed the title to Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic