• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yet Another Round of Rains(9/29-9/30) for SNE. Will it be Benign, Big, Or Biblical this go around?

WinterWolf

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty much. My guess is there is going to be very little outside of a small area, but that’s just my opinion.

The modeled max amounts are noteworthy. Someone gets a legit flood.  To get the models to print out these QPF signals… someone is getting smoked.  It could be relatively localized.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Walt Drag thinks from NYC over to LI, and north to the Hudson and over to the CT River is the big area of rain with 6” plus easily attainable.  That From NYC forum. 

I think a widespread three to about 5 inches attainable in some spots will have over 6 inches. But my point earlier was those ridiculous amounts that were modeled over 10 inches probably won’t happen luckily.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think a widespread three to about 5 inches attainable in some spots will have over 6 inches. But my point earlier was those ridiculous amounts that were modeled over 10 inches probably won’t happen luckily.

Agreed. Maybe in NYC Metro area somebody hits 8 plus. Some areas there are already at 4 plus inches it sounds like. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Cold Miser said:

I don't recall this much excitement over rain.  Even a separate thread for a rain event.  
The site may have to activate storm mode soon. 

I suppose we may as well get used to it. Rain will be the new year round norm to track. 

I never got the rain excitement. Although I suppose if it’s like over 6” that is Phil worthy. I only care for my lawn and I’m happy with incremental amounts when it comes to that. Just no stein like last summer. 

Looks like it won’t be much here but enough to eff up Saturday. Yay.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I never got the rain excitement. Although I suppose if it’s like over 6” that is Phil worthy. I only care for my lawn and I’m happy with incremental amounts when it comes to that. Just no stein like last summer. 

Looks like it won’t be much here but enough to eff up Saturday. Yay.

I'm praying for your lawn to get the drink it deserves...but cancel those prayers if it is going to drown. I don't want to waste a prayer.  

We worked hard  for this rain so hopefully it pays out in dividends.