joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

49 minutes ago, NoVaWx said:

In leesburg right now heavy shower

Good for you! :)

For me, it's a warm pleasant 106 with mid 60s dewpoints. These boiling hot pure air temperatures are becoming routine. Its been well above normal for weeks and weeks and even plants under solid canopies protected from the sun and watered are turning brown as a Thanksgiving turkey. Tree leaves are turning brown and falling to the ground as though it were Dec 25. Its another day of 'As The Texas Drought Turns'. The shade is no sanctuary, that wind burns. I am beginning to yearn for the glaciers of Banff, AB.

Oh by the way, the well pump is on the Fritz right now, and I am just bursting with joy as I strain to move 5 gallon containers of water from my neighbor in the warm Texas sunshine.

Never a dull moment here in the Heat Dome of Doom, lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

Just as a watched pot never boils, whenever I track nothing happens. 

I didn’t track today, and got hosed on with that cell. 0.7”

Maybe I shouldn’t track winter storms?

You should, because you are gonna get hosed down with a lot of snow this winter.

Got caught in that heavy shower earlier right near ICC / I-270.  It was heavy enough that everyone had the hazards on and were going 20 mph.  Family was saying "we're getting some good rain!" and I'm like uh wait 'til we get home.  Well Germandesert dodged it again with barely enough to wet the ground and not measureable in the gauge.  The Drought of 2023 lives on

• Like 1

Only received a light shower here today. This continues to be a prolific drought pattern for the Frederick area. Really need at least several inches of rain up here and a productive winter to make up for the Omega Block that seems to have dominated the majority of this entire summer.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Nice 0.74" to break a short dry spell of just over a week.

0.00 here to not break this year's 2nd drought which began first of July... 3.26 total in almost 2 full months of summer with only .53 this month...Still waiting to hit the 20.00 inch mark for the year...:D

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic