Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

7 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

5 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Now I remember - I think Oct 2018 set a record number of 70+ lows in October.

Oct 2018 & 2019 were terrible. Hot, dry I remember the leaves just falling off the trees and it was a terrible season. I think in 2019 we had a trace of sleet in early November then nada for almost the entire winter. Christmas was like 65 degree with bad air quality.

29 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

79/40 Loving it! Am not looking forward to hot temps returning on Sunday. 

It's going to kind of suck, but we know that these temps will followed pretty closely by more of what we're seeing today.

I love summer and hot temps, but once the kids are back in school and the pool closes, I'm ready for 70/50.

• Like 4

Do not want - from this afternoons LWX AFD 

There continues to be some spread in how hot
temperatures may get next week, with upper 90s to even triple digits
not completely out of the question looking at some of the ensemble
guidance (ECMWF/GEFS). For now, the general consensus is a warming
trend but staying below hazards (Heat Advisory etc..) for now. We
will continue to monitor the trends leading up to next week.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

VERY late with August numbers, just got back from Alaska and a cruise thru Inside Passage, wonderful! Anyway, numbers for August 2023-

Averaged high was 82.0 degrees vs a normal of 82.7 degrees, a -0.7 degrees below average, warmest temp recorded was 88.2 degrees on the 22nd. Averaged low was 59.5 degrees vs a normal of 60.4 degrees, a -0.9 degrees below average. The coldest temp recorded was 48.8 degrees on the 20th. Overall averaged temp was 70.8 degrees vs a normal of 71.6 degrees, a -0.8 degrees below average. Total rainfall for the month was 2.52 inches vs the normal of 3.32 inches, a -0.80 inches below average. There were 11 days with measurable, 4 days with a 'T', and 16 dry days. Highest wind recorded was 31 mph on the 8th. There was one new record, a new 'cool max' on the 4th. Overall a slightly cooler and drier month. Without the 0.95" that fell on the 8th it would have really been a dry month. Special thanks to the neighbor and dad for keeping up with stuff (and cat feeding lol) while gone 13 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...