• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rtd208

The next 8 days are averaging   80degs.(72/89) or +4.

Reached 91 here yesterday at 6pm.

Today:   83-86, wind w. to s., p. cloudy, Rain late---by midnight tonight, 75 tomorrow AM.

74*(76%RH) here at 7am.     80* at 10am.      82* at Noon---3pm.       85* at 4pm.     Reached 86* at 4:30pm.       79* at 7pm.

11 hours ago, Intensewind002 said:

Saw a spotted lanternfly for the first time today, I know theyve been seen in NJ for a couple years now but this is the first time I’ve seen them out by me.

Saw one at a parking lot near Yankee Stadium a few weeks ago then this past Saturday morning, again (oddly), in a parking lot at a nearby Mall in Whitestone. Never seen one before this year.

11 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Slight risk should be bumped north. Things look particularly active tomorrow evening/night

It's the timing. Most of the activity around here should come between 08-10z. The 06z 3K NAM soundings do look mildly interesting over the interior.

16 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Yes but they did adjust north with the slight risk as well compared to yesterday 

High confidence in thunderstorms, low confidence in the severe threat. They can make further adjustments if needed based on latest guidance/observations.

6 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

I see them all the time. 

WX/PT

They are in Great Neck.  Office building was crawling with them Friday when I went to get a file from storage unit.  Haven’t seen any in Syosset or Muttontown yet but I’m sure they are around. 

IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.b07ad7cc86c538f505c76f2d64631150.jpeg

16 hours ago, Rjay said:

First one

20230813_182253.jpg

First?! I see them daily. I gave up with trying to kill them, I just accepted them as a permanent part of the landscape now. I've learned to recognize what stage of development they are based on appearance. Last summer was more though. I am mad they destroyed a cucumber plant I had growing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatamy said:

Lol - They have been out here for three years.  They eat what they’re going to eat and move on.  At this point we have a lot of well fed birds that eat them.

Originally, "they" said there were no known predators.  Now I am hearing that birds, as well as preying mantis feed on them/

• Like 1