• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

We may actually make it out of this summer having never escaped this trough pattern. 

It may have happened in the summer of 2000 … otherwise, I can’t recall.  It’s been warm. It’s been cool. Mostly just wet as the only headline. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We may actually make it out of this summer having never escaped this trough pattern. 

It may have happened in the summer of 2000 … otherwise, I can’t recall.  It’s been warm. It’s been cool. Mostly just wet as the only headline. 

It’s very persistent.

EPS here for 8/15.  A couple things stand out… that secondary axis of lower heights still nodding into New England as the parent trough reloads into the upper Lakes.

That node of lower heights rippling through could spoil heat and humidity… but if it ends up not there at all, that picture gets a lot warmer/humid during that time.  Still a way for this to get more humid and hot earlier, but persistence wants to lean towards anyway possible to lower heights in the region.

13B643E9-B574-4039-A7B7-1617B8293283.thumb.png.c23e918d2bcd6649a2ac4a7e4f3c8519.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I’ve hit 90° 3 times but the weeks of high dews were impressive if that’s your fetish.  Persistent pattern indeed.  

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s very persistent.

EPS here for 8/15.  A couple things stand out… that node and pieces of lower heights still nodding into New England as the parent trough reloads into the upper Lakes.

That node of lower heights rippling through could spoil heat and humidity… but if it ends up not there at all, that picture gets a lot warmer/humid during that time.  Still a way for this to get more humid and hot earlier, but persistence wants to lean towards anyway possible to lower heights in the region.

13B643E9-B574-4039-A7B7-1617B8293283.thumb.png.c23e918d2bcd6649a2ac4a7e4f3c8519.png

Persistent troughing in the Lakes might make for an interesting peak to hurricane season. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It’s very persistent.

EPS here for 8/15.  A couple things stand out… that secondary axis of lower heights still nodding into New England as the parent trough reloads into the upper Lakes.

Kind of reminds me of mid April or around that time frame when every year like clockwork, a cutoff low either gets stuck just offshore or around the Great Lakes region bringing with it days of damp and cool weather while the rest of the country is getting baked and can hardly buy a drop if rain. I suppose this time around we can add another 15-20 degrees and of course, much more dankness to the surrounding air. I’ll let the unofficial board expert on this strange phenomenon, tip fill in the rest.